Happy Monday!This week we are shifting gears. The month of May is an exciting month, summer is almost here, flowers are blooming the beaches are open finally! Everyone is just generally more outside wherever you are. It is because of this every single year during the month of May that I write about a topic that is near and dear to my heart. A topic that started me on this health journey. That is, my battle and journey with Lyme disease.I know that some hiking trails aren’t open yet but as other areas in other states are opening up in general there’s going to be more hiking more outdoors time and more camping. May is the month of Lyme disease awareness. And I can tell you 11 years ago I would have been so appreciative of having this information that I’m going to share with you today.
So many think and believe that Lyme disease is still just prevalent on the East Coast. Even many medical doctors in California still say that this is not prevalent in this side of the United States. However we have known and continue to know that this infection is worldwide. It is not exclusive to just the East Coast, although that’s where it originated, in Lyme Connecticut. I hope to help shed some light on this terrible disease, that plagues more and more and more people and children every single day.
Lyme disease is one of the fastest growing infectious diseases in the US and Western Europe with more than 400,000 new cases contracted each year in the US—an increase of more than 10 times what was previously believed.It receives less than 2% of public funding for West Nile and 0.2% of funding for HIV/AIDS, despite the fact that the annual case count for Lyme dwarfs either disease. There are now over 400,000 new cases of Lyme disease annually in the US—this is more than HIV/Aids, West Nile virus and Malaria combined.
In Connecticut, Lyme disease which originated from a specific type of bacteria called borrelia Burgdorferi was first found in a species of deer ticks. Since then however, infected insects have been found all over the place. California in particular, the primary carrier is the Western blacklegged tick, or Ixodes pacificus, and its principal host the grey squirrel. (This differs from the East Coast where the Eastern Blacklegged tick, Ixodes scapularis, is the principal carrier and the white-footed mouse its primary host.). The Western blacklegged tick has been found in all but two California counties (56 in total) and infected ticks have been discovered in 42 counties. Not only ticks, but mosquitoes biting flies, spiders and other insects have been shown to be infected with this bacteria and many other types of infections. The insect is really just the host of many infections. But we do know primarily ticks have a higher number of cases. to be infected with this bacteria and many other types of infections. Additionally, the bacteria has also been shown to transmit through sexual intercourse and through the womb.
The difficult part about this infection, is that once bitten by an insect very rarely is there a classic rash which you will see when you look up Lyme disease. This rash is called a bull’s-eye rash, but very few (less than 20%) actually get this rash when bitten, and some of the ticks and insects are so small they can often never be found, you never having known you were bitten.
If you do get a rash, you consider yourself lucky, because you have a clear sign of infection. Unfortunately, the story for most like myself was no sign of rash or knowing when or how long I had the infection.
This infection usually carries on a host of what are called “co-infections”, Infections like mycoplasma, babesia, bartonella, toxoplasmosis, protomyxoa, protozoas and many more. This often makes it harder to diagnosis and a long road of healing. Additionally, depending on the individual, many it can lie dormant for extended periods of time while the nervous system and immune system are strong. However, when there is a compromise like a stressful situation, a divorce, going to school, car accidents or something to that nature, the immune system and the nervous system get unregulated. This can cause the infection to come out of dormancy and really rear its head, as the body cannot keep it at bay any longer. This then REALLY makes it difficult to get a good answer of what is happening.
I will be honest, many doctors have ZERO clue how to properly diagnose or treat these infections. For instance, the lab testing is completely inaccurate. Unless you get the testing very soon after being infected they typically will show a negative. There is a better lab called Igenix that runs more antibodies, but even this is not perfect and misses some. This test is also not covered by insurance, and many Lyme Disease treatments are NEVER covered, leaving it to be called the rich man’s disease.
Many think and believe this infection like many things was made or exacerbated by the corruptness of the CDC. Although we can’t definitively know, I wouldn’t put it past them.
“The mainstream handling of chronic lyme disease will be viewed as some of the most shameful episodes in the history of medicine because elements of academic Medicine, elements of government and virtually the entire insurance industry have colluded to deny a disease.
This has resulted in needless suffering of many individuals who deteriorate and sometimes die for lack of timely application of treatment or denial of treatment beyond some arbitrary duration.”
-Kenneth Liegner MD
With proper testing, and a definitive answer of having the infections, that unfortunately is just the beginning. Many turn to rounds and rounds of antibiotics, which don’t work long term and end up leaving patient’s more compromised ruining their intestines and further depleting their immune systems.
The list for alternative medicine techniques to help with Lyme Disease are numerous and again expensive:
Rife machines, herbal remedies, detox foot bath, infrared saunas, hyperbaric oxygen treatments, and many more. And yet still, many have issues genetically where they don’t detoxify properly, always leaving them feeling terrible and never fully recovering.
And, don’t forget about the emotional PTSD, of completely losing your life, job, friends and goals.
It’s complex to say the least.
Symptoms are different for each person depending on their immune system and how their body was before they got infected.
Recurrent Ear infections
To name a few…….I have helped many with Lyme Disease and many other infections recover completely. But it’s a long journey. Most need to rebuild their body first, and mostly all my chronic Lyme Disease Cases are airway cases. It’s a slow boat with these patient’s, as killing the infections causes other issues that they leave behind. So you have to be patient and you have to be forgiving of your body in the process.Most I’ve seen are hardly ever caught right after being bit. Most are chronic Lyme Cases, with multiple years of infection load, and a laundry list of symptoms.
Although knowing what I know now, I could have recovered in 1/4 of the time that it took me to then, the best treatment is PREVENTION. Especially, in high bug seasons like it is currently.
Even being in San Diego, there are still TONS of cases.
HERE ARE MY TIPS TO HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD:
The MOST common way I see infection spread is through animals. Animals carry a host of infections, but ticks and other insects love to take a ride on these hosts and carry them into your home where they are impossible to find.
My first tip is to always make sure you check your pets after going for hikes or walks through tall grass areas, near logs and leaves. I typically used essential oils every day when I had my dog to help decrease his exposure when outside. And would always check and give a thorough bath after hikes. Many ticks are impossible to see with the human eye.
Check for ticks. When outdoors, periodically inspect your clothing and skin for ticks. Brush out those that are not attached and remove any that are.
Shower. Once home, take a shower right away. This will wash away unattached ticks and offer a good chance to thoroughly inspect yourself. Feel for bumps that might be embedded under skin. Pay careful attention to hidden places including groin, armpits, back of knees, belly button and scalp. Parents should check their children and check your animals
Removal. If a tick is found, it is important to use a tick removal device that gently removes the tick without dislodging its head, or causing regurgitation. Do not burn off or use any other method, that will increase your chances of getting infected.
Aftercare. Once the tick is safely removed it is important to use essential oils to effectively clean disinfect and draw any toxic substance left behind by the tick. They should be repeated as you would an open wounds for several days/weeks. I also typically use a high-grade echinacea for a few weeks on the site and internally to help decrease chances of contracting LYME.
Well there you have it.
These are my tips to keep safe.
I used to not even be able to go for walks out of fear, so I have some a LONG way, but I will say even going on hikes now, I never go beyond the path, it’s just not worth the risk for me!
There are many options for treating Lyme is you do have it or know someone that does. Proper detoxification pathways, airway help and typically a protocol called Lyme Stop have worked the best for my patients and myself.
That is all for now.
OIL OF THE WEEK
This week I thought I’d share some of my favorite oils to help keep bugs away. There Are several different oils that doTERRA has that help protect against bugs. One called terrashield is called the out door blend. This one is great as a spray or just an oil to help protect against Ticks fleas and mosquitoes. Citronella and lemon eucalyptus oil are also two wonderful bug repellent’s. We often think of citronella candles, and these two oils smell very similar, but lemon eucalyptus has been shown to strongly repel mosquitoes. Remember all types of bugs carry Lyme disease infections not just ticks. I also recommend using these on your animals when they’re outside or going for walks.
How Toxic Loads leads to Auto-immunity
Happy Monday Everyone.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great thanksgiving weekend. I am so very thankful for you all and how easy it has been this year to transition to San Diego.
This month we have been focusing all our discussions about Autoimmunity. The first week we talked about how brain inflammation from improper movement in the bones of the head can lead to autoimmunity, the second week was about nutrition and our food sources, last week was about emotional traumas. Finally, this week we will finish out this month with information about toxic loads and how those can lead into autoimmunity.
What do I mean by Toxins?
Well, we’ve previously talked in week two about food toxins, as in if your food source is GMO or non-organic, then it is loaded with toxins. Basically, you are eating round up and materials that are foreign to our body and ones we cannot digest.
Other than food sources, what are other ways we can get toxins?
1. Beauty Products, air fresheners, cleaning supplies. Any product you put in the air or on your skin that is not organic or has parabens, fragrance or chemicals is going to be a huge source of toxic load for you. Beauty products like toothpaste, lotion, youth creams, soap, shampoo, conditioner, perfumes and makeup are full of toxic chemicals. Laundry detergent and sheets are even worse. Anything with “fragrance” label has over 10,000 chemicals in it.
2. Water sources. Most of our water, unless you have your own well in an area where the soil hasn’t been sprayed, isn’t pure. Tap water is loaded with chlorine that is a neurotoxin and also depletes our body of iodine. (hence, a lot of thyroid conditions). Going to plastic water bottles is not a better option either. Plastic is such a huge toxin, and it’s not just BPA anymore there’s other BP’s out there that are also harmful. It’s a hormone disrupter and just all out toxin. Those brita water filters and such are not sufficient enough to clean out all the impurities. Studies have shown that pharmaceuticals, like prescription and over the counter drugs, are being found in tap water. We also shower in chlorine water, swim in it, ect. It seeps into our skin, and absorbs into it. Getting shower and tub purifiers can also be really helpful.
The best water i’ve found is Kangan Water. For more information, check it out here:
3. Vaccines. Unfortunately, this has been an ever increasing problem. I’ve seen many in my office even within the past month with vaccine injuries because of the toxins that are in them. Please do your research. I know in California they make it hard for us, but it has to stop here, or else it will be enforced everywhere. For more information about all the toxins in vaccines and their detrimental effects, and also how they can CAUSE autoimmunity there are many resources. The Truth About Vaccines documentary series is a wonderful series, or learntherisk.org.
Vaccines contain adjuvants that can cause autoimmune reactions as well. Things like aluminum, polysorbate 80, formaldehyde, ect. causes the immune system to rev up, which is the point of putting them in the vaccines (to create an immune reaction. The problem is it also causes abnormal immune system reactions because they are so toxic.
Vaccines DO NOT create immunity.
4. Infections. Infections like mold are autoimmune triggers. The mold can even get into the brain, and the immune system can attack the brain. Toxic mold inhalation and the dried spore coatings can cause autoimmune reactions to take place. Other chronic infections like protozoa can disrupt the digestion so much, that that immune system gets so irregular and leaky gut occurs.
5. Look in your mouth. Infections in the mouth can be a huge immune system depletor. Don’t let infections go on in the mouth. It can be really harmful. And root canals aren’t perfect they can leave behind infections. Consulting with a holistic functional dentist is best. Many dentists will tell you having mercury fillings is fine, or, your tooth doesn’t look bad even though theres an infection. Run from these people. We know through research mercury is completely toxic. Mercury fillings and root canals with metal are still utilized. Mercury toxicity is huge for creating immune reactions.
The chronic inflammation limits detoxification, the toxins disrupt our immunity, they have a negative affect on our micro biome, and have an irritating effect on the GI tract. It also causes liver and intestinal miscommunication, organ dysregulation, autonomic dysregulation which then extends into autoimmunity.
I’ve seen many cases change dramatically when the metal is out of there mouth, and it is clear of infections.
6. Cookware.The last thing you want to do with your fresh, healthy ingredients is to cook them in a toxin pan. Non-stick coatings are made with perfluorinated chemicals that not only leach into food but are persistent in your body and the environment – meaning they never go away. It’s not just pots and pans – stay away from non-stick versions of bakeware, rice cookers and other cooking appliances.
Action: Toss out your non-stick cookware and switch to safe, non-toxic cast iron, stainless steel, enamel or ceramic cookware.
Given the fact that we spend 1/3 of our lives in bed, it’s important that it be a healthy place to rest. Sadly, the time you spend in bed each night may be harming your health rather than enhancing it. Toxic flame retardants, formaldehyde and other chemicals used in mattresses, pillows and bedding may be slowly off gassing into the air you are breathing while you sleep.
Action: If you are in the market for a new mattress or bedding, make sure it is flame retardant free and made with natural and organic materials.
Electro magnetic frequencies, from cell phones, lap tops, phones, smart meters, ect. have been shown to disrupt our microbiome, and open up the blood brain barrier. This means our innate immune system is hindered. Here is a study showing the EMF autoimmune connection.
These are all sources of toxins that are usually just in our home!! Not to mention what’s in our environment. The point is to best control what’s in your environment as best as you can .
The key with autoimmunity is changing the biochemistry of your body to a state of health and well being so those improper reactions will no longer flourish. The body does not just go haywire for no reason. As we’ve seen this month, there are many causes for the immune system to react in a dysfunctional way, but just depleting the immune system by conventional methods will never fix the problem.
A huge part in autoimmunity is cleaning out these toxins and eliminating your exposure as much as possible. I know it may seem like a daunting task, but in reality it’s something we ALL must do if we want to prevent things and heal from current conditions.
Most importantly, there IS hope. You do have to do your part as mentioned, but there is freedom from autoimmunity and I see it all the time. You just really have to find all the fires, eliminate them, clear them out, and then start to rebuild.
Specifically for toxins you need to support those elimination pathways first, and then begin to clear toxins. You can’t clear toxins when your pathways are all gummed up. Its not safe and dangerous.
As always I’m here to help. If you know anyone or you yourself deal with autoimmunity, reach out. Putting all these factors into care is my specialty.
OIL OF THE WEEK
ON the spotlight this week is DoTerra’s Rose. Most know of the amazing smell of Rose, but the benefits of rose in EMF research is promising. Because it’s such a high resonance, it has been found to help combat the effects of EMF damage.
doTERRA Rose Touch combines Fractionated Coconut Oil with Bulgarian Damask Rose essential oil, one of the world’s most recognized fragrances in both personal care products and perfumes. Rose oil is incredibly time consuming and expensive to produce—242,000 hand-picked rose petals make about five ounces of rose oil. However, the benefits Rose oil offers are well worth the effort. For this reason, Rose oil is the perfect addition to the doTERRA Touch line as it makes this unique oil more widely available to everyone. In addition, dilution actually enhances the effectiveness
of the oil, and the roller ball packaging makes applications and usage options both affordable and convenient.
Known for its sweet floral fragrance, doTERRA Rose Touch is a must-have addition to your essential oil collection for skincare, mood, and personal fragrance purposes.
Rose Oil Uses
- If you love the sweet floral note in perfumes, Rose oil is the perfect natural fragrance for you. Apply Rose Touch to your neck, behind your ears and to your wrists to enjoy the rose’s romantic and unique scent—free of additives or chemicals.
- The scent of Rose oil brings with it the power to uplift your soul and change your mood for the better. For those times when your day seems clouded by stress or worry, ease your emotions by applying doTERRA Rose Touch to your heart and pulse points.
- Rose essential oil is known to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections and promote healthy-looking, radiant skin. We recommend applying doTERRA Rose Touch directly on skin imperfections both in the morning and at night. Not only will it help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections, it will also promote an even skin tone and healthy complexion.
- Need another reason to include Rose Touch in your skin care routine? Your skin needs the appropriate levels of moisture to be able to function properly, which means hydration is key. When you’re dehydrated or your skin care routine removes too much moisture from the skin, your body will react by producing too much oil. Rose oil helps balance the moisture levels in your skin, which will keep your skin looking its best.
ALSO THE NEW HOLIDAY ITEMS ARE HERE!!! THEY SMELL AMAZING AND THE ON guard CHOCOLATE bark OMG!
If don’t have an account or are interested let me know!
Ginseng Chicken Soup.
A great way to help reverse EMF damage is the eat foods that help reverse EMF damage. One herb is ginseng. This is a wonderful nutrient that can help to reverse EMF damage.
Add some cilantro in and you can help decrease mercury toxicity as well!
- 2 cornish hens
- 1/4 cup sweet (glutinous) rice
- 10 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 pieces ginseng each 2 inches long
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger sliced
- 7 dried jujube dates
- 6 chestnuts peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- a few shakes black pepper
- a few pinches toasted sesame seeds
- Soak sweet rice for one hour in water; drain. Stuff each cornish hen with 3 cloves garlic, 1 piece ginseng, 2 dates and 2 chestnuts. Spoon in soaked sweet rice until full. Gently place in saucepan so cornish hens sit snugly in pan. Add ginger, remaining ginseng, garlic, jujube dates, chestnuts, and salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 1/2 hour. Turn cornish hens over and continue to cook for another 1/2 hour.To serve, break cornish hens apart and serve in bowls, with stuffing and broth. Serve with sesame salt and chopped scallions on the side.
That is all for now.
Wishing you all a happy and healthy week.
We will be ending the month on specifically how to keep your children’s immune systems boosted this year, and some tips for that holiday that’s coming up that ruins all of our lives when we are just getting on track right? lol. Halloween candyyy….
Lets first start our chat with Immunity. To understand immunity we have to understand the immune system first. The immune system has two parts the adaptive immune system and the innate immune system.
Innate immunity is our first defense against invaders. The epithelial and mucosal linings of our respiratory and GI tracts, as well as our skin are major components of the innate immune system. These act as physical and chemical barriers against pathogens. Cells known as macrophages also play a large role in innate immunity. Macrophages recognize bacterial or viral components such as lipopolysaccharide (LPS) or double-stranded RNA (dsRNA), via special receptors known as Toll-like receptors (TLRs). TLR activation cause macrophages to secrete cytokines (small molecules involved in cell signaling and attraction), as well as to phagocytose the infected cells. The innate immune system is required to activate our adaptive immune system.
“Here is the issue with vaccines in general and IMMUNITY. Vaccines create temporal (short-term) antibodies ONLY. This is the sole requirement from the FDA in order to get approval to sell the vaccine. If you read the vaccine product insert written by the pharmaceutical company that creates the vaccine, it clearly states the increase in temporal antibodies as the basis for proof the vaccine works.
“But science has long known that antibodies alone do NOT create real immunity. Some people with high levels of antibodies can be exposed to an illness and still get sick, while others without antibodies can be exposed and not get sick.
Dr Merrill Chase, nicknamed the Grandfather of Immunology for his pioneering work, did clear cut research on this issue back in the 1950s. His results are clear: antibody levels don’t determine immunity.
The immune system is a highly complex system and science is still in its infancy understanding how it functions. In fact, immunology textbooks were completely rewritten recently after a University of Virginia study finally proving the link between the gut and the brain through the lymphatic system. Before this 2014 study, immunology books were adamant there was no link.
But doctors, who are only trained to promote vaccines and not in the science of vaccination, will never tell you this. In fact, most doctors don’t know since their main sources of vaccine information comes from pharmaceutical company representatives paid to sell the vaccine, or the CDC, a government agency that has been called out many times for taking pharmaceutical industry money and collects royalties on vaccines sales.”
Since vaccines are given by injection, they bypass the normal immune pathway(innate immune system) and therefore do not trigger the cellular immune system, which science shows to be the main component necessary to create immunity. ( you have to actually catch an infection to have IMMUNITY!)
As a result, there are numerous reports of outbreaks in fully vaccinated populations, with booster shots not making a difference. Since there is no benefit of immunity with vaccines, yet very real risk of side effects and reactions, the question is who really benefits from an outdated vaccine program?
Well we know that answer already… ehemm big pharma. It’s all about the money, not about health, which is extremely sad for our future generations.
But the point here to make is that vaccines, in particular here the flu shot, does NOT through research create immunity.. Even if it does exhibit a minute antibody response, you have to outweigh your risks since the other ingredients within the vaccines are usually the problem not the actual viruses.
Here is the list of ingredients in the flu shot:
– flu shots are manufactured in eggs, which is very labor intensive, expensive process. They take an egg and inject some viruses. The virus grows for 11 days, they “separate the virus from the egg”, which viruses don’t always separate from the egg and cause cross contamination.
More recently now they use dog kidney cells, caterpillar cells and others to harvest flu vaccine every 6-8 weeks. This is cheaper and quicker than eggs. With the prior it was 1 flu shot per year.
So how did they get funding to get the new cell line technology?? They had to create a pandemic so the government would fund it. And that’s what they’ve done.
Others use cells from aborted retinas in aborted babies, others through insect cells.
These vaccines are filthy, why would you want to inject this?
Even those who are sicker, I understand you want to protect against the flu. But, for those that are ill, has there been any studies showing the safety with? The answer is no.
Any new vaccine is tested on completely healthy people, which no underlying health conditions, no medications. But who gets those shots, not always healthy babies? This is the problem. Immune challenged kids, the elderly who are already immune challenged. There are NO studies on these.
They also only have very short term studies available. For instance only 3-5 days post vaccine for a reaction and if not they say it’s safe past that? What about long term complications? We have NO research for this. Because the vaccine companies are backed through law to never get sued, so they can do what they want. It’s very corrupt.
These are the ingredients in a flu shot:
It is one of the most dangerous vaccines on the market, linked to sudden death, stroke, paralysis and more.
And even mainstream media has to admit it hardly works — if it even works at all.
Studies show that it rarely protects people from getting the flu and that increased vaccination does NOT reduce mortality in any age group. “We could not correlate increasing vaccination coverage after 1980 with declining mortality rates in any age group. Because fewer than 10% of all winter deaths were attributable to influenza in any season, we conclude that observational studies substantially overestimate [flu] vaccination benefit.” (link to study)
So is that flu shot really worth the REAL risk? Just to escape a few days of rest… Think twice before rolling up your sleeve. Actually think three times, four times, five times….
You can also shed the virus to others after getting the vaccine. So you get the flu everywhere anyways. Why not just boost our real immune systems?
So the theme here is work on actual INNATE immunity!! Your child cannot actually get immunity unless they actually contract the infection! They have to have that innate immunity and adaptive immunity reactions to have immune system memory. A lot of the infections we “vaccinate” for aren’t that serious. They were in the olden days, when we had poor sanitation, didn’t wash hands, and didn’t know much about pathogens.
We have so many resources now for the immune system and how to effectively protect it, and heal from infections. Remember it’s good for your child to get sick, it builds their immune system naturally! Vaccines do NOT equal immunity.
If you want more resources, take a look at learntherisk.org.
What I like to use for children’s immunity:
1. Chiropractic! Healthy brain=healthy immune system. Regular chiropractic care is shown in research to boost white blood cells for immunity.
2. Nutrition. Cut out the candy, sugar and processed foods which feed microbes and decrease the immune system.
3. Foundation- utilizing a great multivitamin and omega will create a great foundation for immune system function. Not from the grocery stores or flinstones or gummies. REAL food vitamins. Ask me for good companies I’ve thoroughly researched. If you get vitamins from other sources, its more toxic to you than not taking them.
5. Essential oils– EO work wonderful for preventing, stimulating the immune system and fighting infections at the source. Don’t run to antibiotics, rarely are the cold and flus actual bacteria, and then you destroy your good gut bacteria. I only trust DoTerra as they are the most tested and purest forms safe for your little ones. Ask me for more info.
6. Herbs. Certain herbs and supplements work wonderful for boosting the immune system. Ecchnicea premium and Astragulus are wonderful immune system boosters, as well as whole food vitamin C and zinc. I also love using Aregentyn silver for kicking bugs to the curb quickly and silymarin to increase glutathione production.
7. Sanitation. Use essential oils to disinfect, not harsh chemicals. Wash your hands. Stay home if your sick, and don’t spread things around!!!
Halloween Candy Alternatives
I know i know… I don’t want to be the bad guy as I’m sure you don’t in your home, but candy really is the devil haha. In all seriousness…. sugar is a toxin to our body, especially for growing minds.
It’s hard to control all that goes in and out, but I encourage you to moderate what your children get this year, as well as use other alternatives to giving out candy.
I personally give fun little toys, glow sticks and the such, which actually kids tend to love even MORE! There’s options out there so don’t go right for candy.
1. Glow sticks.
100 8” Non Toxic Glow Sticks
PartySticks amazon.com $11.99
Here’s a not-so-fun fact: Children are most at risk for being hit by a car on halloween night according to today. Toss glow-in-the-dark accessories into their bag to help them stay visible. Plus, who doesn’t love a glow necklace?
Speaking of stickers, what kid doesn’t love decorating their notebooks with fun adhesives? Sheets of stickers make for fun treats that won’t weigh down trick-or-treaters’ bags.
t’ll give the kids an energy boost that won’t keep them awake later — some evidence even suggests consuming raw honey before bed can help induce the production of tryptophan, an amino acid that makes people sleepy.
4. Snack bags.
If you don’t have a ton of time to shop, prepackaged individual servings of veggies snacks, or whole fruit leathers.
5. Pencils, erasers, and pencil toppers.
School supplies in fun shapes and patterns give them something to enjoy after Halloween ends.
Pick up Halloween-themed party-sized bottles or grab packs of white ones and decorate each with stickers.
7. Spooky accessories.
Think plastic vampire teeth plastic spider rings and other age-appropriate goody-bag fillers you can easily nab at the party supply or dollar store.
8. Mini bottles of water.
Walking from door to door can be a workout, so help the kiddos stay hydrated while they make the rounds. Slap on spooky label and you’re ready to go.
9. Temporary tattoos.
11. Bouncy balls.
Opt for creepy eyeballs in the bouncy ball department if you want to stay with a theme.
12. Key chains.
Whether they slip it around their jeans in the coming days or add it to their backpack, the kids will love bouncing around with a pumpkin, vampire, or ghoulish key chain
13. Slap bracelets.
You loved them in the ’80s and ’90s, and now your kids will know the joy of a slap bracelet too.
14. Activity pads.
Instead of a treat that’ll last for all of five seconds, hand out pages of assorted coloring sheets, puzzles, and games that’ll keep them occupied for hours.
This blend incorporates 5 different oils:
2. Melalucea- Or some people know it by Tea tree oil. An amazing antimicrobial, antibacterial, antifungal.
3. OnGuard – Blend of specific oils that help fight viruses and bacteria, can also be used on its on to protect yourself to make sure you don’t get sick!
4. Oregano- huge powerhouse for killing microbes. Bacteria, fungus, parasites.. Be careful with this one it’s spicy! So make sure you dilute
5. Frankincense- known as the king of all oils, this powerhouse oil has over 40 different uses. It helps decrease inflammation in the body and helps stimulate the immune system to fight off infections.
Interested in purchasing a flu bomb or making your own??? Reach out to Dr. Hamel!
The next oils class will be Wednesday November 7th! We will go over pure fumes, natural scents to use in your own and on your body, immune system boosters, and holiday items! Have a class you’re interested in?? Let her know!! The class will be at her Mission Valley office at 6pm!
Second, the bad. It will stain. Don’t wear your nice clothes when you make these apples. Be sure to check the bottle that you use for dosage. For example, mine said not to exceed 12 capsules a day for an adult. I used 6 capsules in this recipe. I probably could have used more to make it darker, but there is a thing called too much.
This month will be all about Fertility, facts about fertility, myths, tips, natural options and success stories through chiropractic and nutritional care.
Sorry men, this month might not pertain to you, but….. If you know someone going through fertility issues, is planning to have a family, or you are planning to have a family one day, I HIGHLY suggest you still keep these emails or share them to those in need, as fertility involves BOTH individuals.
Lets start with some facts:
- In the US, we rank 61 in the world for maternal health. You are better off giving birth in Iraq, than in the US…. It seems for most health conditions the US is far behind, even though our “healthcare” is the highest costing.
- 1 in 6 couples struggle with infertility!
- “infertility” is usually the inability to conceive after 1 year of unprotected sex, or 6 months after the age of 35
- 40% of infertility is based on a “medical issue” with the women, 30% the man, and 20% both man and woman, 10% they just “don’t know”
- If women are “infertile”, then IVF is usually the route. The average cost of a medication-only cycle is $1,182, while the cost of one cycle of IVF is about $24,373. IVF with donor eggs cost even more, averaging $38,015. When looking at the cost of “successful” fertility treatments, the number grew higher. The average cost of successful medication-only treatment was $5,894 and $61,377 for IVF. Again, the cost of successful donor egg IVF was even higher, at $72,642. Women who chose cycle-based treatment received an average of 3.6 treatments!!!
- The success rate of IVF? Live birth IVF success rate for women under 35 who start an IVF cycle is 40 percent. However, women over age 42 have a 4 percent success rate.
- In the US, it is “normal” to not have a period, it’s normal to NOT ovulate. This we know is NOT true.
- A healthy cycle which on average is about 28 days with about 50 mls of blood loss. No cramps, lots of clotting, acne, mood swings, these aren’t “normal”!
- The normal amount of blood to lose per cycle is 50 mls, that’s it. (regular tampons hold 5 mls, supers about 10mls). Any more than that, there’s possible anemia. A normal, regular cycle is a healthy woman!
- It’s also ‘normal” in the US for girls to start their period between 6 to 8 years old! WHAT?! Yes… it keeps getting younger and younger because of hormones
- It takes about 120 days for eggs to mature. This means if you’ve had a really “whacky” period, look back three months from that period. Is it diet, or stress? it reflects three months ago.( This is also GOOD NEWS) You should be able to see changes in cycle, hormones and fertility within this 120 days when you add in natural interventions:)
- IVF, IUI and fertility drugs don’t address fertility issues which are often due to nutritional deficiencies, stress, toxins, nervous system involvement, ect…..
- Lab work only looks at what is happening in that exact moment. Thats why blood work isn’t a good measure for hormones. There are some other markers that are acceptable to look at in the blood, but for hormones, this testing is very poor. The majority of hormones are in our tissues.
So, now that we know some facts, and we know that IVF and fertility drugs don’t actually address the actual issues, what causes infertility and how do we change it naturally?
Well how come it doesn’t address the issues?
Fertility drugs and treatments main focus is on creating more eggs. Giving more and more hormones to produce more eggs. The problem is almost all infertility problems are due to an inhabitable environment. And fertility treatments cannot address this issue.
We CREATE a healthy environment! … Unless their is anatomical problems with infertility in the uterus or fallopian tubes. I can’t do much for this…. But this is rare in comparison to hormonal issues.
What disrupts the environment??
- Most women that have fertility issues most likely had menstrual issues to begin with. Things like cramping, mood swings, irregular periods, acne, heavy bleeding… ect. These are not “normal” womanly symptoms. In fact, you should not really have many symptoms with a normal cycle other than minor fluctuations. But, we have accepted that all these are normal, and to use things to just mask the symptoms. It is also normal to have fluctuations in your period until the age of 25 when it fully matures. So teens going on birth control for symptoms are really damaging the signal processes and ability to conceive later on, when there are natural options to help with the fluctuations that wont harm your fertility.
- Birth control has created a HUGE problem for fertility. The pill hides problems that we don’t want to deal with. And when you take hormones, the actual organs that were producing the hormones go on vacation, because they no longer have to produce them. The longer you’re on birth control the harder it will be to conceive. ( more on this subject in a subsequent blog)
- Hormones are everywhere. Not only birth control but food, plastic, even store receipts. This causes imbalance over time.
- Sleep imbalances. Yes sleep and uninterrupted restful sleep. This is how our body heals and replenishes.
- Toxins are also everywhere which creates an unhealthy environment. That’s why it’s important to check toxin levels, heavy metals, teeth health.
- Stress causes so many hormone imbalances within the adrenal and thyroid.
- We are all iodine deficient which causes thyroid dysfunction.
- Allergies are now so common and create inflammation within the entire body. Inflammation = not good environment.
- THE NERVES that get to the hormone producing organs…. are they functioning well? if not, there wont be strong signals to the organs. (chiropractic and Cranial ) Hormones are signaled from the BRAIN. I’ve had hormone issues correct just from proper cranial work.
Over the next month we will be going over topics from these points on how to increase your fertility through chiropractic care, nutrition, stress/emotional and exercise.
I will also be going over my 120 fertility program. This not only works for fertility but also other hormone dys-regulation problems, post partum and other conditions. That’s because you can change and get new cells and eggs in 120 days, and you can change hormone and environments in 120 days ( some might take longer depending on levels of toxins, ect.)
In 120 Days care includes:
1. Craniopathy Chiropractic care
2. 21 Day Detox program ( all about environment!)
3. prenatal vitamin ( whole food only)
4. omegas, fish oils ( whole food only)
5. Proper Sleep
8. Vitamin D
9. Proper hydration
10. immune support
12. adrenal support
13. healthy mindset
If you do decide to do IVF, this protocol can also enhance it’s success, because again we are changing the environment. Which would mean the eggs would harvest better.
More to come on this topic!
See you next week!
Enriched with the organic chemical linalyl acetate, Clary Sage is known as one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils when used aromatically and internally. This herbaceous oil can be used for a variety of purposes both externally and internally. In the Middle Ages, Clary Sage was used for its benefits to the skin and has continued to be popular for its topical benefits. When applied topically, Clary Sage oil calms and soothes the skin. Clary Sage oil can also be applied to promote healthy-looking hair and scalp. If used aromatically, Clary Sage oil promotes feelings of relaxation in preparation for a restful night’s sleep.
Clary Sage Oil Uses and Benefits
- Hairdryers, flat irons, crimpers, and curling irons can all make your hair look glamourous, but for how long? With frequent use of a heated styling tool, hair strands can begin to break and split, making hair look damaged and unhealthy. Keep your hair looking radiant with this do-it-yourself Heat Protectant Spray infused with Clary Sage oil and Geranium oil. Clary Sage is known for its ability to promote healthy-looking hair and is a perfect essential oil to keep your strands looking stronger, longer!
- During your menstrual cycle, bring relief to your abdomen by using Clary Sage essential oil. Simply apply Clary Sage to the needed area of your abdomen and rub for a soothing massage. The natural chemical components of Clary Sage oil are among the most soothing and calming compounds, making Clary Sage an ideal oil for a soothing abdominal massage during the menstruating time frame.
- After a long day of working, running around with the kids, or studying for an exam, treat yourself to a soothing bath with Clary Sage and Lavender. This bath with essential oils will not only excite your smelling senses, it will also work to relieve stress. With both Clary Sage and Lavender containing linalyl acetate, these two oils are some of the most powerful soothing, relaxing, and calming oils available.
- Do you ever feel like you’re breathing in toxic chemicals when you use hairspray? Try this homemade Herbal Hairspray with essential oils, and avoid the thick, overpowering feeling of store bought hairspray. Using Clary Sage, Geranium, Lavender, Peppermint, and Rosemary essential oils, this effective spray will hold your hair in place while reducing unwanted chemicals and enhancing your hair’s natural beauty.
- Why linger in stress mode when you can easily experience the relaxing and calming aromatic benefits of Clary Sage essential oil. For those off days, apply one to two drops of Clary Sage to the bottom of your feet or to your pulse points. Because Clary Sage has a powerful soothing aroma, applying the oil to these areas will promote feelings of balance and relaxation.
- Want to experience soft and silky hair without buying deep hair conditioning products or getting expensive conditioning treatments? Try making your own quality All-Natural Deep Hair Conditioner with this DIY recipe. You can choose a selection of your favorite essential oils to add to this recipe; however, we highly recommend using specific essential oils for hair use, especially Clary Sage due to its natural ability to promote healthy-looking hair. With this homemade conditioner, your locks will look, feel, and smell radiant.
- All too often, people get ready for bed, exhausted, ready to sleep the moment their head hits their pillow only to find that their mind wants to stay awake. Their heads suddenly fill with to do lists, activities of the day, or maybe even philosophical questions about the universe that cause them to stay awake or toss and turn all night. Sound familiar? Don’t let your thoughts eat into crucial sleeping time. Instead, relax your mind and body by using Clary Sage oil aromatically. Apply one to two drops of Clary Sage oil to your pillow to create a relaxing environment for a restful night’s sleep.
- Enhance your shampoo and conditioner with the addition of Clary Sage. For healthy-looking hair, add three to four drops of Clary Sage essential oil to your shampoo or conditioner. This herbal addition will leave your hair smelling naturally fresh and will help provide benefits that will leave your hair looking strong and beautiful.
- Combine the best of citrus and herbs with this uplifting diffuser blend. Add two drops of Clary Sage, two drops of Grapefruit, and 4 drops of Lime essential oils to your diffuser and experience a bright and sweet aroma. The strong citrus scent of Lime will promote feelings of balance and energy while helping lift the mood, while Grapefruit will provide a clarifying effect to the mind. The subtle hints of Clary Sage essential oil will aid in soothing and relaxing. Together, these essential oils provide a mood-boosting aroma that will relax and balance the mind and body.
- Clary Sage oil contains linalyl acetate, which is a powerful chemical component that contributes greatly to the oil’s relaxing, balancing, and soothing properties when used aromatically and internally. Try experimenting with Clary Sage to see how this relaxing and balancing oil can best meet your individual and family needs.
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that is fast growing. In the first year of growth, the base of the plant produces medium-green, course leaves. In its second year of growth, the Clary Sage plant yields flowers from stalks with upright spikes. These flowers are either violet or white in color. Clary Sage essential oil is extracted from the flower. The Clary Sage plant grows best in full sun and well-drained soil.1
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.