How Toxic Loads leads to Auto-immunity
Happy Monday Everyone.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great thanksgiving weekend. I am so very thankful for you all and how easy it has been this year to transition to San Diego.
This month we have been focusing all our discussions about Autoimmunity. The first week we talked about how brain inflammation from improper movement in the bones of the head can lead to autoimmunity, the second week was about nutrition and our food sources, last week was about emotional traumas. Finally, this week we will finish out this month with information about toxic loads and how those can lead into autoimmunity.
What do I mean by Toxins?
Well, we’ve previously talked in week two about food toxins, as in if your food source is GMO or non-organic, then it is loaded with toxins. Basically, you are eating round up and materials that are foreign to our body and ones we cannot digest.
Other than food sources, what are other ways we can get toxins?
1. Beauty Products, air fresheners, cleaning supplies. Any product you put in the air or on your skin that is not organic or has parabens, fragrance or chemicals is going to be a huge source of toxic load for you. Beauty products like toothpaste, lotion, youth creams, soap, shampoo, conditioner, perfumes and makeup are full of toxic chemicals. Laundry detergent and sheets are even worse. Anything with “fragrance” label has over 10,000 chemicals in it.
2. Water sources. Most of our water, unless you have your own well in an area where the soil hasn’t been sprayed, isn’t pure. Tap water is loaded with chlorine that is a neurotoxin and also depletes our body of iodine. (hence, a lot of thyroid conditions). Going to plastic water bottles is not a better option either. Plastic is such a huge toxin, and it’s not just BPA anymore there’s other BP’s out there that are also harmful. It’s a hormone disrupter and just all out toxin. Those brita water filters and such are not sufficient enough to clean out all the impurities. Studies have shown that pharmaceuticals, like prescription and over the counter drugs, are being found in tap water. We also shower in chlorine water, swim in it, ect. It seeps into our skin, and absorbs into it. Getting shower and tub purifiers can also be really helpful.
The best water i’ve found is Kangan Water. For more information, check it out here:
3. Vaccines. Unfortunately, this has been an ever increasing problem. I’ve seen many in my office even within the past month with vaccine injuries because of the toxins that are in them. Please do your research. I know in California they make it hard for us, but it has to stop here, or else it will be enforced everywhere. For more information about all the toxins in vaccines and their detrimental effects, and also how they can CAUSE autoimmunity there are many resources. The Truth About Vaccines documentary series is a wonderful series, or learntherisk.org.
Vaccines contain adjuvants that can cause autoimmune reactions as well. Things like aluminum, polysorbate 80, formaldehyde, ect. causes the immune system to rev up, which is the point of putting them in the vaccines (to create an immune reaction. The problem is it also causes abnormal immune system reactions because they are so toxic.
Vaccines DO NOT create immunity.
4. Infections. Infections like mold are autoimmune triggers. The mold can even get into the brain, and the immune system can attack the brain. Toxic mold inhalation and the dried spore coatings can cause autoimmune reactions to take place. Other chronic infections like protozoa can disrupt the digestion so much, that that immune system gets so irregular and leaky gut occurs.
5. Look in your mouth. Infections in the mouth can be a huge immune system depletor. Don’t let infections go on in the mouth. It can be really harmful. And root canals aren’t perfect they can leave behind infections. Consulting with a holistic functional dentist is best. Many dentists will tell you having mercury fillings is fine, or, your tooth doesn’t look bad even though theres an infection. Run from these people. We know through research mercury is completely toxic. Mercury fillings and root canals with metal are still utilized. Mercury toxicity is huge for creating immune reactions.
The chronic inflammation limits detoxification, the toxins disrupt our immunity, they have a negative affect on our micro biome, and have an irritating effect on the GI tract. It also causes liver and intestinal miscommunication, organ dysregulation, autonomic dysregulation which then extends into autoimmunity.
I’ve seen many cases change dramatically when the metal is out of there mouth, and it is clear of infections.
6. Cookware.The last thing you want to do with your fresh, healthy ingredients is to cook them in a toxin pan. Non-stick coatings are made with perfluorinated chemicals that not only leach into food but are persistent in your body and the environment – meaning they never go away. It’s not just pots and pans – stay away from non-stick versions of bakeware, rice cookers and other cooking appliances.
Action: Toss out your non-stick cookware and switch to safe, non-toxic cast iron, stainless steel, enamel or ceramic cookware.
Given the fact that we spend 1/3 of our lives in bed, it’s important that it be a healthy place to rest. Sadly, the time you spend in bed each night may be harming your health rather than enhancing it. Toxic flame retardants, formaldehyde and other chemicals used in mattresses, pillows and bedding may be slowly off gassing into the air you are breathing while you sleep.
Action: If you are in the market for a new mattress or bedding, make sure it is flame retardant free and made with natural and organic materials.
Electro magnetic frequencies, from cell phones, lap tops, phones, smart meters, ect. have been shown to disrupt our microbiome, and open up the blood brain barrier. This means our innate immune system is hindered. Here is a study showing the EMF autoimmune connection.
These are all sources of toxins that are usually just in our home!! Not to mention what’s in our environment. The point is to best control what’s in your environment as best as you can .
The key with autoimmunity is changing the biochemistry of your body to a state of health and well being so those improper reactions will no longer flourish. The body does not just go haywire for no reason. As we’ve seen this month, there are many causes for the immune system to react in a dysfunctional way, but just depleting the immune system by conventional methods will never fix the problem.
A huge part in autoimmunity is cleaning out these toxins and eliminating your exposure as much as possible. I know it may seem like a daunting task, but in reality it’s something we ALL must do if we want to prevent things and heal from current conditions.
Most importantly, there IS hope. You do have to do your part as mentioned, but there is freedom from autoimmunity and I see it all the time. You just really have to find all the fires, eliminate them, clear them out, and then start to rebuild.
Specifically for toxins you need to support those elimination pathways first, and then begin to clear toxins. You can’t clear toxins when your pathways are all gummed up. Its not safe and dangerous.
As always I’m here to help. If you know anyone or you yourself deal with autoimmunity, reach out. Putting all these factors into care is my specialty.
OIL OF THE WEEK
ON the spotlight this week is DoTerra’s Rose. Most know of the amazing smell of Rose, but the benefits of rose in EMF research is promising. Because it’s such a high resonance, it has been found to help combat the effects of EMF damage.
doTERRA Rose Touch combines Fractionated Coconut Oil with Bulgarian Damask Rose essential oil, one of the world’s most recognized fragrances in both personal care products and perfumes. Rose oil is incredibly time consuming and expensive to produce—242,000 hand-picked rose petals make about five ounces of rose oil. However, the benefits Rose oil offers are well worth the effort. For this reason, Rose oil is the perfect addition to the doTERRA Touch line as it makes this unique oil more widely available to everyone. In addition, dilution actually enhances the effectiveness
of the oil, and the roller ball packaging makes applications and usage options both affordable and convenient.
Known for its sweet floral fragrance, doTERRA Rose Touch is a must-have addition to your essential oil collection for skincare, mood, and personal fragrance purposes.
Rose Oil Uses
- If you love the sweet floral note in perfumes, Rose oil is the perfect natural fragrance for you. Apply Rose Touch to your neck, behind your ears and to your wrists to enjoy the rose’s romantic and unique scent—free of additives or chemicals.
- The scent of Rose oil brings with it the power to uplift your soul and change your mood for the better. For those times when your day seems clouded by stress or worry, ease your emotions by applying doTERRA Rose Touch to your heart and pulse points.
- Rose essential oil is known to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections and promote healthy-looking, radiant skin. We recommend applying doTERRA Rose Touch directly on skin imperfections both in the morning and at night. Not only will it help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections, it will also promote an even skin tone and healthy complexion.
- Need another reason to include Rose Touch in your skin care routine? Your skin needs the appropriate levels of moisture to be able to function properly, which means hydration is key. When you’re dehydrated or your skin care routine removes too much moisture from the skin, your body will react by producing too much oil. Rose oil helps balance the moisture levels in your skin, which will keep your skin looking its best.
ALSO THE NEW HOLIDAY ITEMS ARE HERE!!! THEY SMELL AMAZING AND THE ON guard CHOCOLATE bark OMG!
If don’t have an account or are interested let me know!
Ginseng Chicken Soup.
A great way to help reverse EMF damage is the eat foods that help reverse EMF damage. One herb is ginseng. This is a wonderful nutrient that can help to reverse EMF damage.
Add some cilantro in and you can help decrease mercury toxicity as well!
- 2 cornish hens
- 1/4 cup sweet (glutinous) rice
- 10 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 pieces ginseng each 2 inches long
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger sliced
- 7 dried jujube dates
- 6 chestnuts peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- a few shakes black pepper
- a few pinches toasted sesame seeds
- Soak sweet rice for one hour in water; drain. Stuff each cornish hen with 3 cloves garlic, 1 piece ginseng, 2 dates and 2 chestnuts. Spoon in soaked sweet rice until full. Gently place in saucepan so cornish hens sit snugly in pan. Add ginger, remaining ginseng, garlic, jujube dates, chestnuts, and salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 1/2 hour. Turn cornish hens over and continue to cook for another 1/2 hour.To serve, break cornish hens apart and serve in bowls, with stuffing and broth. Serve with sesame salt and chopped scallions on the side.
That is all for now.
Wishing you all a happy and healthy week.