This month will be all about Fertility, facts about fertility, myths, tips, natural options and success stories through chiropractic and nutritional care.
Sorry men, this month might not pertain to you, but….. If you know someone going through fertility issues, is planning to have a family, or you are planning to have a family one day, I HIGHLY suggest you still keep these emails or share them to those in need, as fertility involves BOTH individuals.
Lets start with some facts:
- In the US, we rank 61 in the world for maternal health. You are better off giving birth in Iraq, than in the US…. It seems for most health conditions the US is far behind, even though our “healthcare” is the highest costing.
- 1 in 6 couples struggle with infertility!
- “infertility” is usually the inability to conceive after 1 year of unprotected sex, or 6 months after the age of 35
- 40% of infertility is based on a “medical issue” with the women, 30% the man, and 20% both man and woman, 10% they just “don’t know”
- If women are “infertile”, then IVF is usually the route. The average cost of a medication-only cycle is $1,182, while the cost of one cycle of IVF is about $24,373. IVF with donor eggs cost even more, averaging $38,015. When looking at the cost of “successful” fertility treatments, the number grew higher. The average cost of successful medication-only treatment was $5,894 and $61,377 for IVF. Again, the cost of successful donor egg IVF was even higher, at $72,642. Women who chose cycle-based treatment received an average of 3.6 treatments!!!
- The success rate of IVF? Live birth IVF success rate for women under 35 who start an IVF cycle is 40 percent. However, women over age 42 have a 4 percent success rate.
- In the US, it is “normal” to not have a period, it’s normal to NOT ovulate. This we know is NOT true.
- A healthy cycle which on average is about 28 days with about 50 mls of blood loss. No cramps, lots of clotting, acne, mood swings, these aren’t “normal”!
- The normal amount of blood to lose per cycle is 50 mls, that’s it. (regular tampons hold 5 mls, supers about 10mls). Any more than that, there’s possible anemia. A normal, regular cycle is a healthy woman!
- It’s also ‘normal” in the US for girls to start their period between 6 to 8 years old! WHAT?! Yes… it keeps getting younger and younger because of hormones
- It takes about 120 days for eggs to mature. This means if you’ve had a really “whacky” period, look back three months from that period. Is it diet, or stress? it reflects three months ago.( This is also GOOD NEWS) You should be able to see changes in cycle, hormones and fertility within this 120 days when you add in natural interventions:)
- IVF, IUI and fertility drugs don’t address fertility issues which are often due to nutritional deficiencies, stress, toxins, nervous system involvement, ect…..
- Lab work only looks at what is happening in that exact moment. Thats why blood work isn’t a good measure for hormones. There are some other markers that are acceptable to look at in the blood, but for hormones, this testing is very poor. The majority of hormones are in our tissues.
So, now that we know some facts, and we know that IVF and fertility drugs don’t actually address the actual issues, what causes infertility and how do we change it naturally?
Well how come it doesn’t address the issues?
Fertility drugs and treatments main focus is on creating more eggs. Giving more and more hormones to produce more eggs. The problem is almost all infertility problems are due to an inhabitable environment. And fertility treatments cannot address this issue.
We CREATE a healthy environment! … Unless their is anatomical problems with infertility in the uterus or fallopian tubes. I can’t do much for this…. But this is rare in comparison to hormonal issues.
What disrupts the environment??
- Most women that have fertility issues most likely had menstrual issues to begin with. Things like cramping, mood swings, irregular periods, acne, heavy bleeding… ect. These are not “normal” womanly symptoms. In fact, you should not really have many symptoms with a normal cycle other than minor fluctuations. But, we have accepted that all these are normal, and to use things to just mask the symptoms. It is also normal to have fluctuations in your period until the age of 25 when it fully matures. So teens going on birth control for symptoms are really damaging the signal processes and ability to conceive later on, when there are natural options to help with the fluctuations that wont harm your fertility.
- Birth control has created a HUGE problem for fertility. The pill hides problems that we don’t want to deal with. And when you take hormones, the actual organs that were producing the hormones go on vacation, because they no longer have to produce them. The longer you’re on birth control the harder it will be to conceive. ( more on this subject in a subsequent blog)
- Hormones are everywhere. Not only birth control but food, plastic, even store receipts. This causes imbalance over time.
- Sleep imbalances. Yes sleep and uninterrupted restful sleep. This is how our body heals and replenishes.
- Toxins are also everywhere which creates an unhealthy environment. That’s why it’s important to check toxin levels, heavy metals, teeth health.
- Stress causes so many hormone imbalances within the adrenal and thyroid.
- We are all iodine deficient which causes thyroid dysfunction.
- Allergies are now so common and create inflammation within the entire body. Inflammation = not good environment.
- THE NERVES that get to the hormone producing organs…. are they functioning well? if not, there wont be strong signals to the organs. (chiropractic and Cranial ) Hormones are signaled from the BRAIN. I’ve had hormone issues correct just from proper cranial work.
Over the next month we will be going over topics from these points on how to increase your fertility through chiropractic care, nutrition, stress/emotional and exercise.
I will also be going over my 120 fertility program. This not only works for fertility but also other hormone dys-regulation problems, post partum and other conditions. That’s because you can change and get new cells and eggs in 120 days, and you can change hormone and environments in 120 days ( some might take longer depending on levels of toxins, ect.)
In 120 Days care includes:
1. Craniopathy Chiropractic care
2. 21 Day Detox program ( all about environment!)
3. prenatal vitamin ( whole food only)
4. omegas, fish oils ( whole food only)
5. Proper Sleep
8. Vitamin D
9. Proper hydration
10. immune support
12. adrenal support
13. healthy mindset
If you do decide to do IVF, this protocol can also enhance it’s success, because again we are changing the environment. Which would mean the eggs would harvest better.
More to come on this topic!
See you next week!
Enriched with the organic chemical linalyl acetate, Clary Sage is known as one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils when used aromatically and internally. This herbaceous oil can be used for a variety of purposes both externally and internally. In the Middle Ages, Clary Sage was used for its benefits to the skin and has continued to be popular for its topical benefits. When applied topically, Clary Sage oil calms and soothes the skin. Clary Sage oil can also be applied to promote healthy-looking hair and scalp. If used aromatically, Clary Sage oil promotes feelings of relaxation in preparation for a restful night’s sleep.
Clary Sage Oil Uses and Benefits
- Hairdryers, flat irons, crimpers, and curling irons can all make your hair look glamourous, but for how long? With frequent use of a heated styling tool, hair strands can begin to break and split, making hair look damaged and unhealthy. Keep your hair looking radiant with this do-it-yourself Heat Protectant Spray infused with Clary Sage oil and Geranium oil. Clary Sage is known for its ability to promote healthy-looking hair and is a perfect essential oil to keep your strands looking stronger, longer!
- During your menstrual cycle, bring relief to your abdomen by using Clary Sage essential oil. Simply apply Clary Sage to the needed area of your abdomen and rub for a soothing massage. The natural chemical components of Clary Sage oil are among the most soothing and calming compounds, making Clary Sage an ideal oil for a soothing abdominal massage during the menstruating time frame.
- After a long day of working, running around with the kids, or studying for an exam, treat yourself to a soothing bath with Clary Sage and Lavender. This bath with essential oils will not only excite your smelling senses, it will also work to relieve stress. With both Clary Sage and Lavender containing linalyl acetate, these two oils are some of the most powerful soothing, relaxing, and calming oils available.
- Do you ever feel like you’re breathing in toxic chemicals when you use hairspray? Try this homemade Herbal Hairspray with essential oils, and avoid the thick, overpowering feeling of store bought hairspray. Using Clary Sage, Geranium, Lavender, Peppermint, and Rosemary essential oils, this effective spray will hold your hair in place while reducing unwanted chemicals and enhancing your hair’s natural beauty.
- Why linger in stress mode when you can easily experience the relaxing and calming aromatic benefits of Clary Sage essential oil. For those off days, apply one to two drops of Clary Sage to the bottom of your feet or to your pulse points. Because Clary Sage has a powerful soothing aroma, applying the oil to these areas will promote feelings of balance and relaxation.
- Want to experience soft and silky hair without buying deep hair conditioning products or getting expensive conditioning treatments? Try making your own quality All-Natural Deep Hair Conditioner with this DIY recipe. You can choose a selection of your favorite essential oils to add to this recipe; however, we highly recommend using specific essential oils for hair use, especially Clary Sage due to its natural ability to promote healthy-looking hair. With this homemade conditioner, your locks will look, feel, and smell radiant.
- All too often, people get ready for bed, exhausted, ready to sleep the moment their head hits their pillow only to find that their mind wants to stay awake. Their heads suddenly fill with to do lists, activities of the day, or maybe even philosophical questions about the universe that cause them to stay awake or toss and turn all night. Sound familiar? Don’t let your thoughts eat into crucial sleeping time. Instead, relax your mind and body by using Clary Sage oil aromatically. Apply one to two drops of Clary Sage oil to your pillow to create a relaxing environment for a restful night’s sleep.
- Enhance your shampoo and conditioner with the addition of Clary Sage. For healthy-looking hair, add three to four drops of Clary Sage essential oil to your shampoo or conditioner. This herbal addition will leave your hair smelling naturally fresh and will help provide benefits that will leave your hair looking strong and beautiful.
- Combine the best of citrus and herbs with this uplifting diffuser blend. Add two drops of Clary Sage, two drops of Grapefruit, and 4 drops of Lime essential oils to your diffuser and experience a bright and sweet aroma. The strong citrus scent of Lime will promote feelings of balance and energy while helping lift the mood, while Grapefruit will provide a clarifying effect to the mind. The subtle hints of Clary Sage essential oil will aid in soothing and relaxing. Together, these essential oils provide a mood-boosting aroma that will relax and balance the mind and body.
- Clary Sage oil contains linalyl acetate, which is a powerful chemical component that contributes greatly to the oil’s relaxing, balancing, and soothing properties when used aromatically and internally. Try experimenting with Clary Sage to see how this relaxing and balancing oil can best meet your individual and family needs.
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that is fast growing. In the first year of growth, the base of the plant produces medium-green, course leaves. In its second year of growth, the Clary Sage plant yields flowers from stalks with upright spikes. These flowers are either violet or white in color. Clary Sage essential oil is extracted from the flower. The Clary Sage plant grows best in full sun and well-drained soil.1
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.