Happy Monday Everyone! We’ve covered a lot this month all regarding the skin! The brain connection, liver, gut… Before we close out the Month of February (Time Flies), there’s one last topic we have yet to cover and that is hormones!
Now, I will say.. All of the above topics mentioned all need to be addressed when looking into the hormonal portion, and all I would look into FIRST since they are all inter-related.
But, once you’ve addressed these, and there are still skin issues persisting, regulating the hormones is the next step.
When we think of hormones and their relationship to the skin, we often think about a certain age when this is pretty visible. The teenage years? Am I right? Throughout adolescence there is a big shift in our hormones and many ups and downs that take take place until we reach an age of maturity in this system.
For instance, for females did you know that the female hormones cycle does not completely mature until around the age of 25?! That means there will be a lot of fluctuations in this system as maturation is occurring. Now, we know from our previous talks there there are also A LOT of hormones within our environment, products and food that can completely disrupt our hormonal systems, so we need to do as previously mentioned and clean out the liver.
But, who uses those smelly products, lotions and potions the most? Who also is exposed to sugar, processed foods and hormone foods more? Yep teenagers. They are exposed A LOT to hormones in their environment, and in the midst of trying to calibrate their own hormonal system in the process is difficult.
So, first and foremost if you want to start balancing the hormones you got to do the above and get rid of hormones in the environment and clean up their diet.
It’s also ‘normal” in the US for girls to start their period between 6 to 8 years old! WHAT?! Yes… it keeps getting younger and younger because of hormones in the environment.
But also, many teenage girls are given other options for literally any symptom they have with their cycles. Cramps, moodiness, acne, heavy bleeding, bloating, headaches. All given the magic pill, birth control…. Well.. i mentioned it takes a WHILE to actually mature the hormone cycle. So does birth control really help it along? I’m sure you know the answer is NO.
Rather than give exogenous hormones, which they are already exposed too much to, what these girls really need is support to help as they mature through this phase of their life… Did you know cramping, bloating, mood swings, ect. are NOT normal? Yep, these aren’t “normal” variants, despite what we’ve been told from generations down the line.
When women, and let’s start with teens get these symptoms these are signs that the system is not balanced. For teens again it takes many years, and they need support going through those fluctuations so these symptoms are less harsh or non existant.
For adult women, you need some serious balancing. Clean out the liver, clean out the exogenous hormones and support the female organs.
Birth control sets you up for failure. …..
If birth control is taken for the sole purpose to try and balance a menstrual cycle which is the majority of cases, it sets women up for future failure with their hormone regulation. The longer you are on it, the more damaging it becomes. But, especially for our young girls, it is very damaging for their brains to confuse it with hormones.
Birth control has created a HUGE problem for fertility. The pill hides problems that we don’t want to deal with. And when you take hormones, the actual organs that were producing the hormones go on vacation, because they no longer have to produce them. The longer you’re on birth control the harder it will be to conceive.
So, if there are symptoms in a female because of hormone issues like acne (since we are talking about the skin), DON’T give them birth control, support the brain as its maturing to handle the ups and downs instead.
Many skin related hormonal issues can he helped a ton through brain support, liver support, taking out all the sugar and giving craniopathy care.
Now, this isn’t for just teens. Ladies if you have skin problems associated with your hormones, you need to clean out your body and start regulating that brain signal. Patterns can be changed, epigenetics can be changed, and you can change those hormonal patterns even in your children. Genetics do play a role in the clearing of the estrogen load we place our bodies in, but they can be helped and changed.
Yes hormonal changes are not just for women. In fact, you can actually transfer hormones through the skin. So if your women is taking birth control and you nuzzle up to her, you can become estrogen dominant as well. All hormones transfer through the skin. Women, if your man is taking testosterone supplementation, that means you’ll get more than you need as well.
If you have skin related problems, the same goes for you. You need to clean out the estrogen and toxins, and help support the male hormone pathways through specific nutrients needed. For instance, men need a good amount of Zinc for sperm production and other hormonal balancing. But most men are depleted in it. Stop spraying the axe body sprays and deodorants. You’re messing up your hormones and your future kids hormones. Also your skin will be no bueno.
When you balance the liver, gut, brain and hormones, you will have to choice but to have radiant skin! But remember, always look to the sources. Giving things to cover symptoms will help for awhile but can cause further problems later on such as fertility, low libido and others, not to mention increased aging in your skin.
Good hormone balancing means great supple flawless skin!
Oil of the WEEK.
The oil of the week this week is Immortelle.Powerfully renewing, this proprietary blend combines rare essential oils that have been use throughout history for their beautifying benefits. Immortelle Anti-Aging Blend is formulated to support and nourish the skin while helping to reduce contributing factors to the appearance of aging skin. These unique essential oils were expertly selected to help sustain smoother, more radiant, and youthful-looking skin. Immortelle easily absorbs into the skin and can be used on the face, neck, and décolletage to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and aging skin.
Apply a thin layer of Immortelle to the face, neck, and decolletage, then repeat application to targeted areas. Follow with the doTERRA moisturizer of your choice.
Apply to reduce the appearance of blemishes.
Thats all for now..
Have a happy and healthy week!
Continuing on this month all about Fertility! Last week we chatted about how the nervous system is #1 in my fertility program, because if there’s no signaling= no fertility!
#2 in my fertility protocol is nutrition. So, this week we will briefly chat about how to supercharge your fertility through nutrition.
If you need more information about nutrition and fertility I highly recommend the book: Woman Code! I use tips from this book in today’s blog as well as other information from other sources and evidence based nutrition sources.
There are usually 3 things that women/men experience with endocrine problems:
1. Menstrual Problems
2. Fertility Trouble
3. Low Libido
Let’s start with number 1…..
Menstrual Problems. Did you know that the women’s cycle doesn’t fully mature till the age of 25?! So, there will be fluctuations within the cycle up until that age, that are normal. However, genetics and nutritional factors determine how are bodies react to the mountain of estrogen we are bombarded with daily.
In some families they adapt to this estrogen load by presenting as PCOS, others: fibroids, others: endometriosis, PMS (PMD).
The symptoms handed down from generations, cramping, bloating, pain, acne, PMS……
Fertility Trouble. Our bodies as women are very fine tuned, and require a very specific ratio of progesterone to estrogen in order for conception to be successful!
Estrogen levels can become elevated by:
Poor blood sugar regulation, adrenal fatigue, congested pathways of elimination (food and product sources), birth control.
When it’s elevated, progesterone becomes insufficient. And when progesterone is insufficient, ovulation is not regular, which means no baby….
OR.. you will get pregnant, but your chance of miscarriage is very high because you can’t produce enough progesterone to maintain it.
PCOS prevents ovulation, which is of course essential for allowing an egg to be available for conception. Fibroids and endometriosis also cause fertility problems by creating actual blockages within the uterus or ovaries.
But, it’s easy right.. just take a pill to regulate these mentrual issues.! Right?!
So so wrong.
Pills or injections will temporarily lower symptoms I’ll give you that, but estrogen levels managed improperly for too long, and these symptoms will always come back, AND your chances of having a baby when you are ready will go way way down….
** also important to note, if you’ve had the SUPER toxic gardasil vaccine, your fertility will also be compromised. It has been shown in research to make young girls infertile, and also increases cervical cancer risk. I’ve had many patients with vaccine injuries from this terrible and corrupt vaccine. Please please say no for our young girls. **
Low libido… Well, you could be riding blood sugar highs and lows, stressed out from work, chasing kids around, deadlines approaching… So, getting some love from your husband/wife is safe to say not on your mind.
You probably don’t have much energy at the end of the day to do much other than eat that chocolate or treat and collapse on the couch.
For women AND men. Blood sugar irregulation and chronic stress = low libido.
If this cycle remains, your body will become really confused, and tell you to eat more carbs although you’ve already eaten too much.. Hypoglycemia…This then dampens the production of DHEA as cortisol is being pumped out excessively. Which DHEA turns into testosterone (supports sex drive).
Enhancing Fertility through nutrition is quite simple when you think of it.
1. Stabilizing the blood sugar.
This is done through customized eating plans for you. It’s not about dieting. Dieting DOES NOT work. It’s just NOT sustainable. Eating pre-packaged foods, or limiting what you can eat so much you end up eating a whole carton of ice cream in one sitting and just say heck with it!.
Yep.. been there.
Its about reconditioning what you are eating. I want you eating, and actually eating quite a lot to stabilize the blood sugar, but I want you feeding your fertility instead of inhibiting it.
This is all explained in my 120 day fertility program, but includes more of a ketogenic whole food plan, Organic and non GMO foods, high fat, limited grains and dairy. This is of course customized for each patient depending on their needs.
Eating regularly and increasing good fats stabilizes the blood sugar amazingly. In fact, when stabilized, most people are able to do intermittent fasting as well, which is so healing for the body and fertility.
2. Supporting the Adrenal Glands ( Stress Glands)
Also included in the 120 program. Some individuals are in super high stress environments, and they need supplementation in order to get things back on track. This involves customized herbs and whole food nutritional recommendations as well as specific NET ( a stress technique I do in my office) and stress related work to help create healthy habits.
Some individuals will need to change things within their pattern to decrease adrenal fatigue. Whether its changing things with your job, decreasing the amount of things you are doing, working out less (yes there are many women and men who work out too much and deplete their adrenal glands), asking for help, ect.
Remember it’s a lifestyle.
3. Clearing out the estrogen and pathways of elimination .
This means first getting rid of that birth control pill or shot. It’s harming you short and long term. Detoxifying the body through specific herbs and whole food nutrients and going on safer birth control methods (if needed). Birth control completely depletes all your B vitamins, so this is something that has to be added in. It also decreases your immune system, so often immune system support is needed.
Cleaning out your food sources that aren’t organic (hormones and chemicals), beauty products that aren’t organic (hormones and chemicals), plastic wear ( all estrogen), decreasing microwave use (estrogen), non natural cleaning products (toxic chemicals), cleaning up your water source, and other exogenous exposures.
I know it sounds like a lot, but these are REALLY big hormone disruptors. And over time, these wreak havoc not only on fertility but many systems and cause cancer and other illnesses as well.
Then we move onto cleaning out the main pathways of detoxification such as the Liver and large intestine, skin & lymphatic system.
This is through nutrition and chiropractic care.
Sometimes, it takes more detoxification means as well such as incorporating saunas, colon hydrotherapy, cleaning out toxic heavy metals in the mouth and body ( food sources, vaccines, passed down).
I also, always always include CBT, craniobiotic technique which helps clear out hidden infections in the body, and also desensitizes against allergens. Both can be HUGE in being the tipping point for successful fertility.
4. Supporting the sex organs.
This is done through specific whole food nutrition supporting these organs with nutrition and what are called protomorphogens. If you’ve taken birth control these organs will need support as they haven’t been producing the hormones because you’ve been taking fake ones.
5. Supporting the brain glands which signal the hormones
One herbal I use… chaste tree ( depends on quality!), is amazing for regulating the brain signaling. If you’ve ever taken birth control this signal is damaged and needs support.
That’s it!! haha. I know seems like a lot, but really EVERY person is different, and your path will look different from the next. You may need some or all of these steps, but the fact of the matter is all hormone dys-regulation CAN be helped naturally. I see it everyday!
Don’t forget about the men too!!
They also need sperm support, detoxification, stress and blood sugar support! Remember you can actually CHANGE your epigenetics, which can change your child’s and their child’s genes to be strong and more efficient!
Often times infertility is a mix of the man and the woman. So, most of my program’s require BOTH to be involved in the process.
We’ll talk about Exercise and Mindset in Fertility.
Stay tuned! And please please SHARE THIS!
This month will be all about Fertility, facts about fertility, myths, tips, natural options and success stories through chiropractic and nutritional care.
Sorry men, this month might not pertain to you, but….. If you know someone going through fertility issues, is planning to have a family, or you are planning to have a family one day, I HIGHLY suggest you still keep these emails or share them to those in need, as fertility involves BOTH individuals.
Lets start with some facts:
- In the US, we rank 61 in the world for maternal health. You are better off giving birth in Iraq, than in the US…. It seems for most health conditions the US is far behind, even though our “healthcare” is the highest costing.
- 1 in 6 couples struggle with infertility!
- “infertility” is usually the inability to conceive after 1 year of unprotected sex, or 6 months after the age of 35
- 40% of infertility is based on a “medical issue” with the women, 30% the man, and 20% both man and woman, 10% they just “don’t know”
- If women are “infertile”, then IVF is usually the route. The average cost of a medication-only cycle is $1,182, while the cost of one cycle of IVF is about $24,373. IVF with donor eggs cost even more, averaging $38,015. When looking at the cost of “successful” fertility treatments, the number grew higher. The average cost of successful medication-only treatment was $5,894 and $61,377 for IVF. Again, the cost of successful donor egg IVF was even higher, at $72,642. Women who chose cycle-based treatment received an average of 3.6 treatments!!!
- The success rate of IVF? Live birth IVF success rate for women under 35 who start an IVF cycle is 40 percent. However, women over age 42 have a 4 percent success rate.
- In the US, it is “normal” to not have a period, it’s normal to NOT ovulate. This we know is NOT true.
- A healthy cycle which on average is about 28 days with about 50 mls of blood loss. No cramps, lots of clotting, acne, mood swings, these aren’t “normal”!
- The normal amount of blood to lose per cycle is 50 mls, that’s it. (regular tampons hold 5 mls, supers about 10mls). Any more than that, there’s possible anemia. A normal, regular cycle is a healthy woman!
- It’s also ‘normal” in the US for girls to start their period between 6 to 8 years old! WHAT?! Yes… it keeps getting younger and younger because of hormones
- It takes about 120 days for eggs to mature. This means if you’ve had a really “whacky” period, look back three months from that period. Is it diet, or stress? it reflects three months ago.( This is also GOOD NEWS) You should be able to see changes in cycle, hormones and fertility within this 120 days when you add in natural interventions:)
- IVF, IUI and fertility drugs don’t address fertility issues which are often due to nutritional deficiencies, stress, toxins, nervous system involvement, ect…..
- Lab work only looks at what is happening in that exact moment. Thats why blood work isn’t a good measure for hormones. There are some other markers that are acceptable to look at in the blood, but for hormones, this testing is very poor. The majority of hormones are in our tissues.
So, now that we know some facts, and we know that IVF and fertility drugs don’t actually address the actual issues, what causes infertility and how do we change it naturally?
Well how come it doesn’t address the issues?
Fertility drugs and treatments main focus is on creating more eggs. Giving more and more hormones to produce more eggs. The problem is almost all infertility problems are due to an inhabitable environment. And fertility treatments cannot address this issue.
We CREATE a healthy environment! … Unless their is anatomical problems with infertility in the uterus or fallopian tubes. I can’t do much for this…. But this is rare in comparison to hormonal issues.
What disrupts the environment??
- Most women that have fertility issues most likely had menstrual issues to begin with. Things like cramping, mood swings, irregular periods, acne, heavy bleeding… ect. These are not “normal” womanly symptoms. In fact, you should not really have many symptoms with a normal cycle other than minor fluctuations. But, we have accepted that all these are normal, and to use things to just mask the symptoms. It is also normal to have fluctuations in your period until the age of 25 when it fully matures. So teens going on birth control for symptoms are really damaging the signal processes and ability to conceive later on, when there are natural options to help with the fluctuations that wont harm your fertility.
- Birth control has created a HUGE problem for fertility. The pill hides problems that we don’t want to deal with. And when you take hormones, the actual organs that were producing the hormones go on vacation, because they no longer have to produce them. The longer you’re on birth control the harder it will be to conceive. ( more on this subject in a subsequent blog)
- Hormones are everywhere. Not only birth control but food, plastic, even store receipts. This causes imbalance over time.
- Sleep imbalances. Yes sleep and uninterrupted restful sleep. This is how our body heals and replenishes.
- Toxins are also everywhere which creates an unhealthy environment. That’s why it’s important to check toxin levels, heavy metals, teeth health.
- Stress causes so many hormone imbalances within the adrenal and thyroid.
- We are all iodine deficient which causes thyroid dysfunction.
- Allergies are now so common and create inflammation within the entire body. Inflammation = not good environment.
- THE NERVES that get to the hormone producing organs…. are they functioning well? if not, there wont be strong signals to the organs. (chiropractic and Cranial ) Hormones are signaled from the BRAIN. I’ve had hormone issues correct just from proper cranial work.
Over the next month we will be going over topics from these points on how to increase your fertility through chiropractic care, nutrition, stress/emotional and exercise.
I will also be going over my 120 fertility program. This not only works for fertility but also other hormone dys-regulation problems, post partum and other conditions. That’s because you can change and get new cells and eggs in 120 days, and you can change hormone and environments in 120 days ( some might take longer depending on levels of toxins, ect.)
In 120 Days care includes:
1. Craniopathy Chiropractic care
2. 21 Day Detox program ( all about environment!)
3. prenatal vitamin ( whole food only)
4. omegas, fish oils ( whole food only)
5. Proper Sleep
8. Vitamin D
9. Proper hydration
10. immune support
12. adrenal support
13. healthy mindset
If you do decide to do IVF, this protocol can also enhance it’s success, because again we are changing the environment. Which would mean the eggs would harvest better.
More to come on this topic!
See you next week!
Enriched with the organic chemical linalyl acetate, Clary Sage is known as one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils when used aromatically and internally. This herbaceous oil can be used for a variety of purposes both externally and internally. In the Middle Ages, Clary Sage was used for its benefits to the skin and has continued to be popular for its topical benefits. When applied topically, Clary Sage oil calms and soothes the skin. Clary Sage oil can also be applied to promote healthy-looking hair and scalp. If used aromatically, Clary Sage oil promotes feelings of relaxation in preparation for a restful night’s sleep.
Clary Sage Oil Uses and Benefits
- Hairdryers, flat irons, crimpers, and curling irons can all make your hair look glamourous, but for how long? With frequent use of a heated styling tool, hair strands can begin to break and split, making hair look damaged and unhealthy. Keep your hair looking radiant with this do-it-yourself Heat Protectant Spray infused with Clary Sage oil and Geranium oil. Clary Sage is known for its ability to promote healthy-looking hair and is a perfect essential oil to keep your strands looking stronger, longer!
- During your menstrual cycle, bring relief to your abdomen by using Clary Sage essential oil. Simply apply Clary Sage to the needed area of your abdomen and rub for a soothing massage. The natural chemical components of Clary Sage oil are among the most soothing and calming compounds, making Clary Sage an ideal oil for a soothing abdominal massage during the menstruating time frame.
- After a long day of working, running around with the kids, or studying for an exam, treat yourself to a soothing bath with Clary Sage and Lavender. This bath with essential oils will not only excite your smelling senses, it will also work to relieve stress. With both Clary Sage and Lavender containing linalyl acetate, these two oils are some of the most powerful soothing, relaxing, and calming oils available.
- Do you ever feel like you’re breathing in toxic chemicals when you use hairspray? Try this homemade Herbal Hairspray with essential oils, and avoid the thick, overpowering feeling of store bought hairspray. Using Clary Sage, Geranium, Lavender, Peppermint, and Rosemary essential oils, this effective spray will hold your hair in place while reducing unwanted chemicals and enhancing your hair’s natural beauty.
- Why linger in stress mode when you can easily experience the relaxing and calming aromatic benefits of Clary Sage essential oil. For those off days, apply one to two drops of Clary Sage to the bottom of your feet or to your pulse points. Because Clary Sage has a powerful soothing aroma, applying the oil to these areas will promote feelings of balance and relaxation.
- Want to experience soft and silky hair without buying deep hair conditioning products or getting expensive conditioning treatments? Try making your own quality All-Natural Deep Hair Conditioner with this DIY recipe. You can choose a selection of your favorite essential oils to add to this recipe; however, we highly recommend using specific essential oils for hair use, especially Clary Sage due to its natural ability to promote healthy-looking hair. With this homemade conditioner, your locks will look, feel, and smell radiant.
- All too often, people get ready for bed, exhausted, ready to sleep the moment their head hits their pillow only to find that their mind wants to stay awake. Their heads suddenly fill with to do lists, activities of the day, or maybe even philosophical questions about the universe that cause them to stay awake or toss and turn all night. Sound familiar? Don’t let your thoughts eat into crucial sleeping time. Instead, relax your mind and body by using Clary Sage oil aromatically. Apply one to two drops of Clary Sage oil to your pillow to create a relaxing environment for a restful night’s sleep.
- Enhance your shampoo and conditioner with the addition of Clary Sage. For healthy-looking hair, add three to four drops of Clary Sage essential oil to your shampoo or conditioner. This herbal addition will leave your hair smelling naturally fresh and will help provide benefits that will leave your hair looking strong and beautiful.
- Combine the best of citrus and herbs with this uplifting diffuser blend. Add two drops of Clary Sage, two drops of Grapefruit, and 4 drops of Lime essential oils to your diffuser and experience a bright and sweet aroma. The strong citrus scent of Lime will promote feelings of balance and energy while helping lift the mood, while Grapefruit will provide a clarifying effect to the mind. The subtle hints of Clary Sage essential oil will aid in soothing and relaxing. Together, these essential oils provide a mood-boosting aroma that will relax and balance the mind and body.
- Clary Sage oil contains linalyl acetate, which is a powerful chemical component that contributes greatly to the oil’s relaxing, balancing, and soothing properties when used aromatically and internally. Try experimenting with Clary Sage to see how this relaxing and balancing oil can best meet your individual and family needs.
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that is fast growing. In the first year of growth, the base of the plant produces medium-green, course leaves. In its second year of growth, the Clary Sage plant yields flowers from stalks with upright spikes. These flowers are either violet or white in color. Clary Sage essential oil is extracted from the flower. The Clary Sage plant grows best in full sun and well-drained soil.1
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
It’s that time of year again, where we all need some detoxing! As some of you know, I do a detox about two times a year, because as you will read in today’s blog, we are surrounded, yes SURROUNDED by toxins on a daily basis.
That being said, I’m not trying to “scare” you or make you become paranoid, what I do want to to is educate you. We don’t know what we don’t know right? The goal is for us to control what we CAN control, like things in our home. What I can tell you is these facts:
- 1 in 9 women suffer from the condition PCOS
- Fibroids occur in 3 out of 10 women
- 1 in 10 have endometriosis
- 13 million have under active thyroid conditions
- 1 in 8 couples are infertile
- fibrocytic breasts affect 20 to 40% menstruating women
- 7 million women meet the criteria for clinical depression
- every 10 minutes, 12 hysterectomies are performed in the US
- in the past 10 years male sperm count has decreased by 50%
What I can tell you is this pearl of wisdom: You can’t “fix” a hormonal issue.. The only way your body can achieve hormonal balance is if ……drum roll…..
1. Pesticides in our food, pesticides in our home ( maybe to ward off insects like bug spray)
2. Home cleaning products/laundry detergent/dryer sheets
3. Trans fats
5. Plastics- BPA and chemicals leak into our food, especially microwaving in plastic
6. The Most toxic food containers- Styrofoam
8. Birth control
9. Body skin products
Let’s talk about a typical day in the life…And what you can be exposed to just in your home. This might be shocking to you, but the goal is for you to realize the immense need for detoxing and getting these products out.
Getting up- One of the first things you do….
- Brush your teeth- Most toothpastes have Fluoride in them. (Oil Pulling Challenge pitch here we will talk extensively about this)
- Fluroide is linked to cancer, Dvelopmental/reproductive toxiticy is a neurotoxin
- Also contains Triclosan – Raises Testosterone
- Mouth Wash
- Artificial Sweeteners like aspartame, or saccharin have been shown to cause depression, anxiety, memory loss and mood swings
- triclosan- raises testosterone
- Wash your hands
- Soap and Sanitizers- Triclosan raises testosterone, also creates resistant bacteria
- Fragrance- undisclosed mixture of up to 2000 different chemicals listed under the title “fragrance” . It is protected by companies so they don’t have to tell you what’s in it.
- Get into the Shower
- Fragrance in soap. Associated with allergies, dermatitis, respiratory distress and potential side effects on the reproductive system
- Parabens in shampoo and conditioner preservatives mimic estrogen and can as act hormone disruptors
- Propane and sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) in shaving cream, registered pesticide.
- Chlorine in the water
- Chlorine used in bleaching of paper products like toilet paper
- Dry off with a towel that has been dried with fabric softener sheets (fragrance) or maybe washed with bleach. DRYER Sheets are the most dangerous ingredients in your home! Chemicals, chemicals chemicals in these sheets.
- Out of the shower
- Lather up with lotion, more parabens and fragrance
- hair products- more parabens and fragracne
- makeup- women who use makeup absorb almost 5 pounds of chemicals into their bodies each year! Its up to you to read labels, they aren’t approved by FDA
- put on deodorant that contains aluminum that is a heavy metal and disrupts hormones
- wash your hands again before you head downstairs or into your kitchen, antibacterial hand soap- triclosan
- touch up your fingernail polish- which has phylates (DBP, DEHP), EPA classifies as possible carcinogen, found in fragrances and perfumes too. Think of those poor nail salon workers.
The average women has 12 products she uses every single day... and if they are the run of the mill products, she’s exposed to 168 chemicals, men use 6 products daily exposing them to 85 chemicals per day! And you haven’t even left the bathroom!
- Get Dressed
- residue from dry cleaning chemicals used on your clothes
- pour yourself a cup of coffee, in your travel mug that has an inner plastic lining and a plastic lid that is leaching BPA. Then you add your favorite sugar, some still use splenda, which is an organochlorine, in the same class of chemicals as mustard gas! Then maybe soy milk into your coffee, which is an estrogen disruptor and most likely genetically modified
- Grab a yogurt for the road, if not organic, contains bovine growth hormones
- apple for a morning snack sounds great! it’s the most highly sprayed crop in our country and what do pesticides do? They stop reproduction and kill… Coffee is number 2 sprayed crop if not organic.
- Fill up that plastic water bottle you carry around with you and chemicals in the plastic leach into your water.
You can see how exposure over time, can lead to so many hormone problems! It’s not wonder we have all of those conditions originally mentioned. Our bodies are so confused from the exposure.
Here are some consequences of hormone imbalances:
- Thin, fragile dry skin
- decreased cognitive function
- low libido
- breast cancer
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- Hot Flashes
- Foggy Brain
Can you see the need?
So, While you are Spring Cleaning, Start Cleaning out your home! Detoxing can start just purging your home and products of all of these chemicals. An awesome substitute is using Pure Essential Oils like Doterra, and all their natural products. If you need help switching over to oils, let me know.. My entire home is now chemical free with Oils, Kangan Water and non toxic beauty products.
I hope this enlightened you this week.
Here are some extra resources:
- A shoppers guide to safe cosmetics- www.EWG.org/skindeep
- EWG Healthy Living APP for products and food
- The dirty dozen shopping guide to avoid pesticides- www.foodnews.org. Download the app
- Think Dirty App for scanning products before purchase
- Add 1–2 drops to citrus drinks, teas, or water to support healthy liver function.*
- Take one drop daily for one week as part of an internal cleansing regimen or to kick-start a New Year’s resolution.*
- Apply to abdomen or bottoms of feet to support the body’s natural detoxification system.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.