For some of you summertime is busy, busy busy going on trips, planning outings, ect. But It is also during the summer months that it can be a great time to take advantage of free time to get your family healthy and make check in appointments.
Sometimes, during the school year it can be hard for families to make regular appointments as school, sports, after school activities can come up. Summertime can be a great time to reset. Get your family back into regular care, do a cleanse, be more active and just overall enjoy life!
Here are some SUPER tips I’ve created to help keep your family on the road to health this summer.
1. Of course, get regular chiropractic care, to ensure your nervous system and organs are always functioning best. Sitting in cars for long periods, being more active, camping on weird sleeping arrangements, eating out of your norm food and drink wise. When your nervous system is functioning well, you can handle these out of your norm activities and it won’t completely through you off. So coming in right after or before will ensure you will enjoy your summer and prevent fall injuries.
2. Grow or eating fresh food. Farmers markets are a great way to get fresh whole foods. If you aren’t growing your own garden, shop locally and make it fun for your family. Have them pick out a different veggie or fruit each time you go. Eating a wide variety of fruits and veggies is best.
3. Stay hydrated. Often times, families don’t think to drink more water when it gets warm, which can leave them and their kiddos dehydrated. This can lead to back, leg pain and headaches. Don’t give your family Gatorade and high sugary drinks. Hydrogen water, electrolyte water is the best out there. And no drink out there can replace our need for water.
4. Don’t forget to thoroughly cook your food. In the heat, it’s easier to get food poisoning. Make sure you keep your food cold, or eat it right away after being cooked to ensure you won’t get sick.
5. Going on a road trip? Pack healthy snacks so you won’t have to eat “on the road” food. Make your own baggies of trail mixes, hard boiled eggs, jerky, fruits, veggies, bars. Keep a small cooler in the back of your car.
6. Get active. Go on hikes this summer with your family. If you do go on trips, make it a regular thing to get out and stretch. Swimming, biking…. For those that have 4 seasons, this is a time to come out of hibernation:) So while you increase your activity, make sure you are also maintaining nervous system health so you can handle the activities.
7. Do a cleanse. My 21 days cleanse is one of the BEST cleanses out there. Best thing yet, they also have created a cleanse with just one supplement the shake powder. So for those that didn’t like all the pills, the powder will work much better for you! Support your poor overworked liver before you add in tons of food and alcohol! It’s also a wonderful way to lose weight! Toxins love fat!
8. Stay off the screens. More and more research is coming out about the damage of cell phones, blue light, EMF’s and screen time. And san diego is one of the WORST areas for EMF’s with the military base and all the 5G towers being put up with smart meters. The less the better. You all need lots of vitamin “n” (nature).
9. Be aware of “healthy” smoothies. Often times smoothies from places like jamba juice and chain places are just loaded with fruit juices and sugar. Real fruit is great, but in moderation. You need more veggies than fruit actually.
10.Find an alcohol that is low in preservatives, especially if you are an allergy or hayfever sufferer. The sulphur that is used to preserve wine often causes a flare of allergy symptoms and can also cause headaches. Splurge an extra pound or two for the organic version of alcohol to limit any nasty reactions the next day. Also if you drink and are out in the sun you need double the amount of water.
11. Most of us are pretty fiber deficient. You must intake it to keep you bowels regular so that the liver has the room to dump any toxins from the weekend into the intestine without getting reabsorbed. Eating lots of fresh fruit and veggies should do the trick.
12. Natural food antioxidants. Spirulina, kelp, wild blueberries. All will help to prevent you from sunburn.
13. Take it easy. Take time to relax and enjoy the short summer months. That is what this newsletter is all about. Get some body work done, schedule out time to enjoy!
14. Bug proof your vacation. Be prepared. Check out the new, non-chemical bug repellants before you begin your nature journeys and make sure you can tolerate the aroma and that it prevents the types of bites and stings you might encounter. Essential oils are wonderful for this!!
Be aware of other creatures such as ticks, bees, or snakes–they live here too! Take info on who to call or where to go if anything does happen.
I hope these tips were helpful to you this week!!! Summer time is often not always a time we tend to focus on health, but as we know health is a lifestyle! And we are always seeking health, its not a constant factor.
For summertime, you will want to have this oil around. Food poisoning, diarrhea, constipation, motion sickness, nausea, acid reflux, this is the master oil for it all!
Have you tried Digestzen?
I also highly recommend taking Digestive enzyme with meals as well, this will help you break down your food, especially for those meals that are really out of your normal diet.
DigestZen is great to have on hand when stomach upset occurs and is safe and effective. Internal use of DigestZen is a healthy, natural, and gentle way to soothe an upset stomach or maintain a healthy digestive system.*
• Add a few drops to water to take internally.
• Rub on the stomach before flying or taking a road trip for a calming aroma.
• Take DigestZen internally when traveling or trying new foods to soothe occasional stomach upset.*
• Add to water or tea to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.*