Key Nutrients You Need for a Successful DETOX
Happy Monday everyone!
We are continuing on this week with topics all about detoxing! Last week we talked about detoxing and weight loss, so if you missed it head on over to my website!
This week I want to give you some tools of how you can basically armor your body to be able to detox everyday, and things that need to be foundational and present in order for you to effectively detox.
1. Oil Pulling.
This is something that is SO easy, and something EVERYONE can do every single day to help detox your mouth and overall body. 80% of chronic conditions arise from poor oral health!
Oil Pulling has been around for thousands of years in aryuvedic medicine. It is a simple practice of using cold pressed coconut oil, and I like to add essential oils. There is a link to how to do it on my website:
Switch from toxic toothpaste and mouthwash to oil pulling!
2. Minerals. If you have poor oral health, and heavy metal or chemical toxicity in your body, you are almost 100% mineral deficient. You see, we need minerals to be able to bind these toxins to eliminate them out of the body through our excretion pathways. These are key elements the body uses to defend itself.
Here are the top 3 minerals that you will be deficient in if you have poor oral health. And, just so you know about 1 in 30 americans have periodontal disease, and 100% of all root canals are still infected.
- The form is important. 200 mcg whole food form every day is a baseline. Nail health, losing of hair? Your deficient in selenium. We cannot bind mercury, or produce glutathione without this mineral. Brazil nuts contain the most food form, but 3 brazil nuts a day often doesn’t contain enough. You can purchase a high quality selenium whole food supplement from my online pharmacy on my website:
2. Silica. We are silica based life forms. Our connective tissue is dependent on silica. It is critical for skeletal integrity of the teeth and gums, mucosal layer, regenerating the mucus membranes, ligaments and tendons. I recommend a whole food form. 5000 mg daily loading phase. Alta silica X is the best brand. 3 tabs 4/ day over 2-4 weeks then reduce as connective tissue integrity is restored, with trace minerals.
You can also order a similar product on my online pharmacy:
3. Trace Minerals. These include
Magnesium, Chloride, Sodium, Potassium , Calcium, Sulfate and Boron.
These are vital minerals that are best taken in food forms. Everyone is deficient in magnesium. Some of you use filtered water, or reverse osmosis water, which depletes your water of minerals, so you must replenish your water with minerals. I like this company:
Which leads me into point number 3.
3. Hydration. What you hydrate with is extremely important! If you drink chlorinated tap water, you are doing more harm than good. Additionally, if you drink water from plastic bottles you also are polluting your body. As I mentioned, if you get filtered water you need to replenish it with minerals. However what i HIGHLY recommend for everyone in their detox journey is molecular hydrogen water. Not only is it SUPER hydrating, but also high pH and high antioxidant level, which in itself detoxes .
the Brand I recommend is kangen water:
4. Food Choices.
You absolutely need to go organic or grow it yourself. Get to know your local farmers. Eating a diet of fast food because of its additives, preservative, ect. causes damage to your microbiome. The disruption of good gut by eating fast food is enough to create weight gain. Eat lots of fermented foods which replenish your gut.
Here is a list of foods you could mix and combine and do a 5 day liver cleanse just with food!
-dark green leafy veggies
-apple cider vinegar
-white fish, salmon (wild)
-daikon radish (blood cleaner)
I also highly recommend doing my 21 day cleanse at least twice a year. Not only is this needed for complaints but its also PREVENTATIVE. It’s anti cancer, anti hormone issues, gut issues, ect. WE live in a toxic world, so we need to make sure our pathways are ALWAYS clear. This is the only cleanse I have found to be efficient.
I am halfway through mine for the year and feeling great!! I’ve already had a couple patient testimonials that the cleanse and eating differently have CHANGED their lives!
SUPER TIP: Other key nutrients are foundational vitamins and antioxidants. If you aren’t on a whole food based supplement, you are deprived, there just isn’t enough in our food sources anymore, even if you are organic. I would love to get you started with this, as well as natural forms of glutathione and other natural antioxidants like vitamin C, A, and B vitamins necessary for detoxification pathways.
5. Excretion. Getting the toxins out is also very important! Try incorporating a dry sauna or infrared sauna in your weekly routine. Coffee enemas or colon hydrotherapy a couple of times a month, exercising at least 5 times a week, and just plain moving every single day!
Hyperbaric oxygen chamber.
This can be extremely helpful increase the overall oxygen in your body to help detox and eliminate aerobic bugs out of your body.
Castor oil is also great for detoxing! Castor oil packs on the liver and abdomen can flush out stagnated lymphatics.
PEMF therapy! One of my favs for overall cellular detoxification. My Idaho location has this therapy and its wonderful!
6. Essential Oils. Use essential oils like Doterra Lemon to gently detox every single day! I just finished up a whole class devoted to detoxing with essential oils! There are many to choose from.
Don’t have an account ask me to get you started!
7. Regulate your hormones. I talked about this in last week’s blog, but it’s super important in order to make sure your detox pathways remain unclogged.
8. Sleep. I also wrote about this previously. Sleep is where we heal and our brain detoxes. If you aren’t getting adequate sleep, please let me know, I have answers!
On the spotlight this week is DoTerra’s Clove Oil.
Clove oil has the HIGHEST amount of antioxidants on EARTH!
Antioxidants are KNOWN detoxifying agents.
It’s also great for teeth and gum health and to use in oil pulling!
A great superfood for cleaning and detoxifying the blood are Daikon Radishes!
Try this Green apple and daikon radish salad:
- 2 daikon
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons clementine juice
- 1 granny smith apple
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pepitas, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- In a bowl, add oil, vinegar, juices, and parsley. Whisk to blend.
- Spiralize the daikon and green apple. If you don’t have a spiralizer, feel free to chop it.
- Toss the daikon and green apple with the dressing. Allow to sit for 5 minutes so the flavors blend.
That is all for now,
have a happy and healthy week!