You’ve heard me talk about EMF’s before or electro magnetic frequencies. As with some health topics it can go over someone’s head, or they don’t “experience” per say immediate symptoms and so after reading it, don’t think much of it.
As you know, being a brain expert, causes me to dive deep into health topics, ones that aren’t always so glamorous but one’s that need to be addressed.
We actually get natural EMF’s from the sunlight. It wasn’t until electricity was discovered that manmade EMF’s came into play and everyone of us is exposed to manmade EMF’s every day. Many man-made EMFs include radio waves, WiFi signals, and microwave radiation. In addition, visible lights, UV lights, and infrared radiation are also a form of EMFs.
There are two types of EMF one is low frequency the other high.
Low frequency includes non ionizing radiation such as from microwaves, computers, visible light, smart meters, wifi, cell phones, blue tooth, power lines and MRIs.
High frequency has ionizing radiation as consist of ultraviolet light, x-rays and gamma rays. WE know that too much high frequency is extremely harmful, however the topic of low frequency is more controversial.
Usually the symptoms are gradual overtime, and are not an immediate response. Secondly, there’s a lot of financial interests in people who buy these electronics to never know those potential dangers.
Did you know for instance that in your iPhone settings it tells you about SAR and options to decrease your exposure, but not having the phone on your body? How many have been told of this?! Not very many.
We know that our body is electric. Our nervous system firing for instance is electricity. Putting an outside electrical force on top of ours will of course have some type of outcome. Also our mitochondria and liver enzymes run on electrical input and light. Currently, the claims that the low frequency EMF exposure is safe are based on the fact that there is no direct evidence showing that certain sources of EMF exposure are safe (or unsafe). The International Agency for Research on Cancer has already categorized low frequency EMF radiation a class 2B possible carcinogen. However, harmful effects of EMF radiation are not limited to cancer.
With the acceptance of 5G, things have only gotten worse. Why? Because this signal is stronger. WE already have good studies showing the harm of 3 and 4G, but because the US always wants to be on the forefront without health implications first, 5G has passed.
Whether a certain EMF is dangerous depends on a few different aspects of the electromagnetic waves, including:
Frequency: The higher frequency an EMF is, the more energy it carries and the more likely it is to be dangerous. 5G.
Power density: The average energy of the electromagnetic waves in a given area or volume.
Strength: of the electric and magnetic fields that are present
Duration of exposure: prolonged duration is usually worse than acute duration for the same levels of EMF.
Many parents in Ontario are observing that their children are becoming ill after schools started to install WiFi (source). Children are particularly susceptible to harm from EMF radiation because they have smaller and growing bodies, so symptoms can be more apparent.”Electro magnetic frequencies(EMF) and their danger are not a “new” discovery. In 2012, a group of over 200 international scientists published a report to alert the public and major world organizations like the UN and WHO about the dangers of EMF’s. This report called the Bioinitiative report, cited over 1000 studies showing low level expose to this specific radio frequency radiation and relation to dozens of biases and actual biological harm to the body.
These symptoms include:
- Mood swings
- Heart arrhythmia
- Fertility issues
- Digestive issues
- Memory problems
- Sleep issues
- Cancer- see below
- Heart problems
Children in particular are NEVER to be around cellphones and ipads. The so called “safety” regulations are for a 200lb adult male with the device 10 feet away. No safety has been done with children, yet we see a lot of children and teens using these devices.
Emf’s also open the blood brain barrier, which can make infections go rampant.
I’m extremely sensitive to EMF’s and even with the protectors I use, still need to take precautions.
Here are some tips:
- • Have a Wireless Router? Use a Christmas light timer to automatically turn it off at night, or there’s ones on the market called Intermatic which I have. Believe it or not, your body is even more more vulnerable to the damage RF and EMF radiation cause while you’re sleeping.
- Does your home have a Smart Meter tracking your utility usage? These produce an enormous amount of EMF radiation, contact your utility company and ask about installing a safer analog meter.
- Turn your cell phone off at night. If you use your phone as your alarm clock, be sure to put it in airplane mode to limit the amount of radiation it produces.
- When using your cell phone, put it on speaker phone or use a pair of headphones. Even better, use a pair of airtube headphones my favorite is
- Whenever possible, use an ethernet cable to your laptop or desktop computer instead of WiFi.
- Create a bedroom free from EMF Radiation to improve sleep and protect your body.
- Don’t keep your cell phone in your pocket, the radiation in close proximity to your body can cause some very unwanted health effects.
- Have a baby in the home? Consider using a wired baby monitor instead of the popular wireless versions or video monitors.
- Whenever possible, replace wireless with wired. From phones in to home, to computers, wired is almost always going to be a reduction in radiation.
- Get EMF protectors. Although not perfect, any help to decrease exposure is needed! A mineral called shungite is very helpful for helping decrease the effects of EMFs, but some other companies I like are rayonex from Germany and defender shield. You should have protection in your home and on every device you own.
I hope this was helpful to you this week. Although we love technology, I see quite a few in my practice that are extremely sensitive to these frequencies. In san diego we like near military base too where the frequency is even higher. Getting out in nature and detaching from these devices is our best bet. It’s not doing away with technology but using it safer.