First I want to start off with a topic called “Endocrine Fallout”
If you are like many people with endocrine fallout, it may seem like your body is hanging on to an additional 5, 10 or even 20 pounds for dear life. No matter how little you eat and how much you move, those excess pounds refuse to budge! Well, you may be relieved to learn that there’s a physiological reason for this.
The root of the problem lies in your liver…..
As we have talked about previously, the liver is responsible for removing toxins from your body. The toxins from your home cleaners, beauty products, foods, plastics, ect. It does so by turning fat soluble toxins into water solubles ones so they can be excreted through your large intestine, kidneys and skin. When you already have a hormonal problem however, your liver’s function is compromised (clogged). This mean it doesn’t work as efficiently and unable to remove what we are constantly exposed to as rapidly as they build up.
How does your body handle this??
Well.. It basically sends those fat soluble toxins your fat tissue. For the short term, this protects your liver because it minimizes it’s load. The problem is, it becomes more difficult to shed weight. Your fat cells don’t want to let go of these toxins, because your body KNOWS that doing so would pollute your bloodstream and create a toxic environment for your organs, including your heart and your brain.
Let’s talk about what kind of hormones get stuck in the fat tissue…
1. Estrogens– Usually from exogenous exposure. This means non organic and GMO foods, non organic cleaners, beauty products, plastics, receipt paper, birth control ect..
2. Stress hormones– When there is a constant state of stress, cortisol gets stored in the fat cells as well. I also see many individuals that burn out there adrenal glands not only on emotional stress but physical stress. People can train way too hard and do too much excercise wise, that the body can’t keep up with.
3. Insulin- Keeping your blood sugar stable with every meal, every day enables your pancreas to spit out only the amount of insulin required to move the glucose where it needs to go. This prevents highs and lows. A big part in this is actually not always high blood sugar but low blood sugar as well.
We are also more inclined to give into temptation when your blood sugar levels are all over the place.
1. You may be on a ridiculous “diet” of luna bars and coffee and consider that a meal… If you don’t have adequate food intake, your levels will be low.
2. Overindulging in carbs. This means more than 1/2 cup! Your pancreas pumps out a flood of insulin to bring your blood sugar back down, but it often miscalculates the amount which gobbles up too much glucose, and leaves you with low blood sugar, although you just stuffed your face. This is where many people get frustrated and think you have no willpower, head to the pantry to refuel on peanut butter M&Ms even though you just ate less than an hour ago.
– Fill your diet with plenty of veggies, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, kale, beets
-Lemon and oranges (Essential oils are better). Put a drop in your water every day
-Caraway and dill seeds
For those women who are pre-menopausal or menopausal… You know what I’m talking about the dreaded “pooch”. For this case, it works a little differently, but the same concept.
When you go through menopause, or are prepping for it, the ovaries begin tostop producing estrogen and progesterone. However, we still need these hormones for many functions. The natural version of these hormones…. So, our adrenal glands start taking over the job of producing the hormones in small amounts.
The problem is, most women go into menopause with already compromised adrenal glands ( which pump out different hormones, the most important being stress hormone cortisol) because of stress and toxins, so the adrenals can’t cope with the job. Here comes hot flashes, weight gain, ect. So, the body starts building fat cells to begin to make and store the hormones. Because as I mentioned previously fat loves hormones!
That is why during this time it is almost impossible for menopausal women to lose this region. It is their “source” of hormone production. I’ve worked with several patients through this time, and you can significantly decrease the symptoms naturally, NOT USING SYNTHETIC or BIOIDENTICAL HORMONES I will say.. Those are a big no no in my book. Sometimes we do get the weight down, other times because it is the source of production, some women will actually need natural forms of fat elimination like laser or light liposuction or fasciablasting to eliminate them.
Make sense??? The liver is HUGE for weight Loss/Gain. And since we are bombarded with hormones all the time, and live stressful lives, it’s an ever increasing problem. Fortunately we have safe and natural options.
Ensuring the Liver is functioning well through nutrition, Stress relief techniques I use in my office, and organ and nervous system relaxation I have great success efficiently detoxing the body and getting you toward your healthy weight.
Interested in the cleanse?? Ask me how you can start your healing journey!
On the Spotlight this week, is DoTerra’s Slim and Sassy Blend.
Slim & Sassy, our proprietary metabolic blend, combines powerful essential oils known to promote a healthy metabolism when ingested.* The flavorful blend of Slim & Sassy helps manage hunger throughout the day while supporting healthy metabolism and promoting a positive mood.* Slim & Sassy contains Grapefruit, Lemon, Peppermint, Ginger, and Cinnamon. When taken with a healthy eating and exercise plan, Slim & Sassy Metabolic Blend can help you reach your weight management goals.*
- Add to water or tea and drink before working out for a revitalizing energy boost.*
- Consume before meals to help control appetite and overeating.*
- Take internally as a part of a healthy weight management program.*
- Add a few drops to Slim & Sassy TrimShake or V Shake.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute four drops in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.