I’m sure you have noticed that with all the rain we received this winter, although MUCH needed has proved for a pretty bad allergy season this year. So, I wanted to give you all some natural tips as you are surviving this allergy season, without going for the pharmaceuticals. Why not the zyrtec, claratin D, allegra? Well,
Research published in Science News (1994;145:324) raises the question of whether the antihistamines for allergies be linked to cancer.
Studies in mice have shown that antihistamines promote the growth of malignant tumors. Scientists at the University of Manitoba believe that the consumption of various medications, including antihistamines and antidepressants, may increase the risk for cancer.
In February, 1994, the Department of Health and Human Services noted an increase in the incidence of cancer in the United States. Scientists at the University of Manitoba believe that the consumption of various medications, including antihistamines and antidepressants, may increase the risk for cancer and may be part of the reason for the increase.
They have demonstrated that drugs like Elavil, Claritin, Hismanal, Atarax, Unisom, Prozac, NyQuil and Reactine have all created tumors in animal studies. Some antihistamines behave like the drug DPPE, which has been linked to enhancing tumor growth by binding to histamine receptors, which interferes with enzymes designed to detoxify and remove poisons from the body. This will also interfere with the system that regulates cell growth. The drugs do not necessarily cause cancer, but can enhance the growth of cancer.
Yikes right? So, we MUST have other options to deal with allergies in a natural form that aren’t prohibiting our detox pathways. Of course, you know I have some tips, and things I can provide to ease the reactions.
1. A HUGE thing I have been finding is Mold. With the increased humidity from all the rain, it has proven an amazing environment for mold to thrive in our homes, yards, and bodies. Mold particularly hiding in the sinuses can make your sinuses raw and irritated, and then environmental allergens which you aren’t necessarily allergic to can create reactions. Also, other hidden viruses and bacteria can also be hiding and cause increased sensitivity.
Think this might be the cause? CranioBiotic Technique that I use works great for this.
You can also get an ozonator for your home to help purify the mold, as well as use an essential oil diffuser to clean the air.
2. By definition of an allergen is an undigested protein that the body has reacted with. You need good stomach acid to digest proteins. Body pH must be addressed first and foremost. An easy way to do this is to take apple cider vinegar, to help keep the pH regulated. You can also take Betaine HCL Pepsin – 250 caps. Pure Encapsulations. (code: BET15) from my online pharmacy, to help create an adequate acid in your stomach.
3. Antihistamines block your P-450 cytochrome which is involved with the bodies phase 1 and phase 2 detoxification process. If you block your livers detoxification process you shut down the immune system.
There are other drugs that also block this pathway: antibiotics, steroids, NSAID’s, pain medications, antacids, and some antidepressants. If you have a “sick” liver meaning it’s plugged or infected, you will have allergic reactions very easily. CranioBiotic technique works great for finding hidden infections. And doing a liver 21 day purification program is awesome for clearing the liver out, this you would have to order directly from myself. Or, you can try though my online pharmacy: Hevert Detox Liver – 1.7 oz. Hevert. (code: H04101). Homeopathic liver drainage.
4. Desensitization. CranioBiotic Tehcnique also works really well for some people desensitizing against allergens. Of course first clearing out the potential infections and checking the liver should be first, but using this technique for some is really helpful in decreasing and for some: eliminating reactions.
5. Stress. There is a specific stress allergy point that when inflamed can caused increased allergic responses as well. Come in for some NET if you think this is the issue.
6.. Natural options for allergy relief. If you can’t come into the office, or don’t live close to my office, you can also try these natural options instead of reaching for the harsh pharmaceuticals.
(Most of these can also be purchased from my online pharmacy -Wellevate, just sign up for an account. Instructions for signing up for an account can be found on my website’s Resources Tab- Learning Center- Virtual Pharmacy Products)
-AllQlear Integrative Therapeutics (code: I07106). Proprietary blend of quail egg which contains ovomucoids that act as a tryptase inhibitor, which block the binding of tryptase (and other trypsin homologs) that provide a unique mechanism to support healthy stabilization of mast cells.
-Natural D-Hist (code: R05245). Flavonoids, antioxidants, proteolytic enzymes and botanicals designed to provide comprehensive support for seasonal challenges caused by common environmental allergens. The formula includes quercetin, bromelain, stinging nettles leaf, and N-acetyl cysteine. The powerful combination actively promotes healthy nasal and sinus passages for individuals with elevated histamine and respiratory irritation.
-Stinging Nettle Leaf Tea is also a great option to take every 20 minutes to help decrease the severity of reaction. You can purchase organic Stinging nettle tea at any natural store.
-Local Honey- Also a great option because local bees use local pollen which can decrease your immune system response. You can find these at your local farmers markets. HAS to be local.
-Allergy Eye relief – (code: S00245).. Homepathic.
-Tri-Ease – Doterra Essential OIls (can also order through website). Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint essential oils, known for their ability to maintain clear breathing and a healthy immune response when combined together. You can also use these oils individually and diffuse throughout the house to clean the air of allergens.
7. Of course cleaning up your diet, and boosting your immune system is always helpful, as allergies are an Immune response!
I hope this was helpful this week! With all of these options, it should make you breeze (no pun intended) through this allergy season!.
OIL OF THE WEEK
The spotlight on this oil this week is DoTerra’s Tri-Ease.
TriEase Softgels were developed to protect against seasonal and environmental elements and to promote a healthy respiratory system when needed most.* Each softgel contains equal parts of Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint essential oils, known for their ability to maintain clear breathing and a healthy immune response when combined together.* Used by both veteran and novice essential oil users, this well-known blend is frequently mixed together for its respiratory health benefits.* Now, with TriEase Softgels, this combination can be consumed quickly and easily when traveling, attending outdoor events, or when seasonal or environmental elements are particularly high. TriEase Softgels can be consumed safely on a daily basis during times of seasonal discomfort to promote clear breathing and overall respiratory health.*
Take 1–2 per day as needed.