Last week we went over prepping your brain and nervous system by getting regular cranial chiropractic care. A lot of people just see chiropractors when they are in pain or have an injury, but really we want to practice preventative medicine. So getting regular care can help overall take the stress down in your body. So get some maintenance cranial chiro care!!
This week we are moving into some nutritional tips to help you survive the holiday season stress free.
This is a hard topic. The holidays can be a time where you are literally surrounded by temptations. From work parties, to holiday parties to christmas cookies, ect. Everything is always in moderation, but sometimes you can ruin your whole progress in a year with going crazy all month! So, just like we need to prep our brain and nervous system, we also need to help prep our gut or (second brain).
1. Prep your gut.
With all the bad holiday choices of food, something you can do NOW is prep!
Prepare your digestive system to be more efficient so it can digest quickly all the toxins you will be consuming!
I suggest three different supplements to take to re-acidify the gut so that it can digest things quickly and effectively, and gallbladder support to help break down your food better! ( If you read on down below about traveling I also recommend this triad as well! )
If we have stagnation within our gut and elimination pattern, you will constantly be reabsorbing what you are trying to get out, which includes toxins.
2. Food Prep.
One thing you can do is also to prep your own food! There are so many keto and paleo friendly food choices out there that taste the same or better than traditional holiday sweets and carbs.
Here is a great resource for many different holiday recipes.
3. Portion Control. Try and keep your portions small. Believe it or not if you can eat smaller meals more frequently, you will do a lot better than eating ginormous meals all holiday season.
TIP: If you eat a little too much, grab some Doterra DigestZen to help soothe and break down your food a little easier.
4. Liver Support. During the holidays you will probably end up consuming a few beverages as well, which puts a stress on your liver. Thinking ahead and supporting your liver with milk thistle will make it handle the alcohol stress way better and you will bounce back easier.
Which brings me to my next point.
WHY DIETS DON’T WORK!
Maybe people will experience with diets that they DO end up losing weight for a certain period of time. But generally what happens is that individual can no longer take such restrictions, falls off and ends up gaining it back quickly. This is the time of year where new years resolutions will come up as well, so it’s important to prep your mind for what’s ahead.
A lot of people need to really make a lifestyle change. It’s not about dieting. And one HUGE factor many don’t address is toxins. If you have ANY plans to lose weight, then you need to detoxify your body FIRST. FAT holds on to toxins so it will make losing weight impossible when you are loaded with them. I always do a 21 day purification program at the beginning of every year to start the year right with a clean body!
This is the MOST effective cleanse and purification of the entire body that I’ve found in my practice. Time and time again, story after story it proves to be effective. What i’ve found is most generally lose about 5-10 pounds over 21 days, and continue after with creating a new lifestyle of eating.
I will be doing a group cleanse in January that will have a private facebook group as well as videos and tips for you to be successful! Getting toxins out and then making better lifestyle decisions will put you on such a greater path than dieting. Trust me! We will start this group cleanse on January 7th, so if you are interested please let me know and we will get the cleanse to you beforehand!
This is a fun group challenge. So, invite your loved ones and friends to join you. I guarantee you won’t regret it with how great you will feel!
5. Probiotics. Not the pill kind. Pill probiotics don’t actually re-populate the bacteria. I will say that again. In research, it’s shown that probiotics (the pill kind) don’t actually repopulate the gut. But, they DO create an immune response, which is good. Taking probiotics in a pill is transitory, meaning they go right through your gut. A better way to help support those bacteria is to actually feed the good ones you got! Increase your fiber, eat fermented foods with lactic acid (which they eat)! This will strengthen the gut, and your immune system!
If you are one of the lucky ones that get to travel somewhere tropical for the holidays, I also have some tips to help prep you!!
In the winter we don’t see as much sun (Well some of us!). Back in the 1940s there was documentation that calcium is needed by the skin and needs a fatty acid to shuttle it.
When there is sufficient calcium in the skin, the skin can withstand the stress of the sun, and not get damaged i.e. sunburn!!
So if you want that nice tan, and to not burn and damage the skin you need a GOOD source of calcium and a fatty acid to take with you!
The ones I like are whole food sources. You CANNOT just use any calcium. Most on the market are INSOLUBLE and are Toxic!
You have use calcium lactate and cataplex F!
Calcium lactate is the form of calcium that the body prefers in the bloodstream. It is extremely bioavailable. it converts only once in the stomach, and once this happens it’s in a form that the body can pick up and use. But you always want to take it on an empty stomach!!
You also want to take a fatty acid to shuttle it to the skin!! Cataplex F or flax seed works really well for this.
Take a dosage in between meals 8-10 calcium lactate and 5 cataplex F, every 4 hours you are in the sun!
Calcium is water soluble, so you can’t overdo it, you will be using it up while you are in the sun. So you have to keep replenishing it. You literally won’t burn!!
*These are products you can only get through my care.
2. Digestive Support. These are ones you should always take with you!
You hear of people always getting sick in Mexico, or some island so always make sure you have Hydrochloric acid, it’s your best protector against food poisoning.
Digest forte, zypan and AF betafood. Are three digestive supports I HIGHYL recommend and take every meal I eat while traveling.
3. Alcohol. When you’re in the sun you aren’t as hungry, but the third thing to bring is liver support. You might have an alcoholic beverage right?
But your liver will take a hit when you do that! Take some milk thistle to protect the liver.
On the spotlight this week is DoTerra’s DigestZEN.
This one is wonderful to have on the go, in case you overeat, feel bloated, diarrhea, constipation, nausea. IT will HELP and does! It will sooth the stomach and intestines and take the discomfrt away naturally.
DigestZen Uses and Benefits
- If you are looking for a healthy and natural way to assist your digestive system, the DigestZen essential oil blend is an ideal option.* DigestZen contains a blend of essential oils that will naturally aid the body in the digestion of food.* To easily obtain these digestion benefits, add one drop of DigestZen oil to 4 fluid ounces of liquid, and drink.*
- The unpredictability and discomfort of occasional stomach upsets can often put a damper on the day. When issues like these arise, apply one to two drops of DigestZen to the desired areas of your skin. DigestZen will also work to soothe occasional stomach upset when taken internally, and can get you feeling ready to take on the day again.*
- Bloating and gas can make your stomach feel tight and full, often leaving you feeling sluggish and unappealing. If you’re experiencing these difficulties, use DigestZen oil.* DigestZen will help reduce bloating and gas so that you can feel your best at any time of the day.*
- Does flying or driving long distances make you a little nervous? Next time you’re planning on traveling for an extended period of time, rub DigestZen oil on your stomach before you take your trip. The sweet, minty smell of DigestZen will provide a calming aroma. You can also add a few drops of DigestZen to water and take it internally to keep stomach jitters at bay.*
- Holidays, vacations, birthdays, and family get-togethers often have something in common: food. And lots of it. Make sure to have DigestZen on hand for these occasions. The DigestZen essential oil blend can be used during these events to promote digestion when eating heavier meals.*
- Whether trying the cuisines of Italy or enjoying the tastes of India, introducing foreign food to the body has the potential to disrupt the stomach’s normal digestion. When you are traveling or exploring new foods, use DigestZen to soothe occasional stomach upset and to promote healthy digestion.*
- For a simple way to incorporate DigestZen into your regular routine, add DigestZen to your water or tea. This will help your body maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.*
- The DigestZen essential oil blend can ease feelings of queasiness.* If you’re experiencing queasiness, take DigestZen to dismiss these feelings.*
- One of the most relaxing ways to use DigestZen oil is by applying it to the stomach and massaging. An abdominal massage will bring soothing comfort to your stomach and the aroma will provide you with calming feelings. DigestZen can also be applied to a child’s stomach for soothing comfort. Before using DigestZen for a massage, combine it with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to help increase the DigestZen oil distribution and minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Ginger Rhizome/Root
- Peppermint Plant
- Caraway Seed
- Coriander Seed
- Anise Seed
- Tarragon Plant
- Fennel Seed